It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, October 3, 2021

A Pleasant Change.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

After being so tired from yesterday’s Washer Modification as soon as I finished writing last night’s Blog I went to bed. It was strange that the job was completed yet I dreamt of it a few times making changes while I slept.

When I finally looked at the Clock even though it was past my normal wake up time I rolled over for a few more minutes of rest. It was 7:30 when I finally got up. Even though I wanted to get an early start I busied myself getting things ready for breakfast and checking for messages On-Line before finally getting dressed then prepping the Laundry.

Wet Morning.

I had just finished when Kathy came to join me for breakfast. Keeping it lite we each settled for an English Muffin for our meal. Kathy simply had Margarine on her’s while I added some Jalapeno Jam on mine.

While Kathy did her morning chores I headed to the Laundry Room. I was in shock when I had the entire place to myself and I even brought the Coveralls that were washed in a Pail in the Bathtub overnight for their Machine Washing.

Besides reading many of the Blogs we follow while our Clothes were in the Dryers I also managed to soak my feet in a warm Epson Salts Bath that took a lot of pain out of them. Kathy even soaked her feet saying the Epson Salts make her feet tingle unlike the Bath used when Mary from Healthy Heals does it.

It was minutes before 1:00 when I returned with all our Laundry folded. For lunch we had Chicken Noodle Soup along with a Coffee and a slice of Lemon Meringue Pie for dessert. As soon as we finished putting the Clothes away we headed out the door. Since there was the threat of Thunderstorms we brought our Raincoats with us.

We started at Canadian Tire and found their parking lot full of water puddles. One of the things I lost during the Plant Break-In was a Digital Vernier and since they had one “On-Sale” for Twenty Dollars it was time to replace it.

My Sunglasses are starting to show some wear and with Winter on its way I need to protect my eyes. We ended up going to Walmart where we managed to find plenty of Polarized Sunglasses. All sunglasses protect you from UV Rays but only Polarized Sunglasses remove Glare which helps your eyes to relax.

We finally made it to Dollarama where we started getting the Food Stocks on our Shopping List. We know stores all try to be the first to have Seasonal Stock out but this just shows how fast this year is flying by.

At Zehr’s grocery store we spent time finding Produce, Meats and Frozen Foods that we were using up not knowing if the Old Refrigerator would last.

It was past 5:00 by the time we loaded the Groceries in the Car to take home. Figuring how long it would take to put it all away we decided to have Take-Out. We went to Arby’s Drive-Thru and got their Greek Gyros for our supper. It had been some time since we had one and they were oh so good.

The 6 o’clock Local News reported 38 New Coronavirus Cases in the Windsor/Essex Region.

The Weather Network showed our Humidex felt like 90 F (32 C) this afternoon.

Kathy is going to be busy tomorrow so we’ll keep our fingers crossed that she stays safe.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Sometimes you just have to jump off the cliff without knowing where you will land.

Zainab Salbi, Women’s Rights Activist.

1 comment:

  1. Just popped in to check up on you both. Sitting here trying to motivate myself to write a post of my own... just not ready yet, I guess.

    ReplyDelete