It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, October 8, 2021

Doing What I Can and Still At A Loss.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

I was surprised that Line Workers were waiting outside the locked door when I arrived at the Plant this morning. It wasn’t that I was late it was Paul who had not opened up yet. With only Twenty Minutes before start time Flora the Shipping and Receiving Clerk arrived to open the doors.

After hauling everything in and getting changed the Paint-Line was already in motion. I managed to look at a few things with a more deciphering eye this morning. The few that didn’t quite look right I returned to look again as the clouded sunlight brightened things enough to be more critical.

It would be a day of mixed Carrier repairs, changing the Bulk Filters, gathering Parts for the list of projects that have to be done when the Line is down this weekend and sorting Boxes I’m finding throughout the Plant that resembled all the other Boxes that I’ve sorted. It’s as if someone lined up a number of Boxes and put the same mixture in each one similar to a child’s Candy Bag on Halloween Night and put them all over the building.

Just before lunch Kharen came into the Compound screaming at me that I left a Tool out in the Plant. It was a Grinding Stone someone would use in a drill and I’d never seen it before. When I told him so in a raised tone of voice and returned to what I was doing he just walked away. The One person that leaves Tools all over the Plant is Kharen himself. Every time I organize the Company Toolbox he comes in and leaves with half the Tools that I later find laying all around.

When I finally had the chance to speak to Paul about a Leaking Pump that I’ve asked for the parts for over a Month his attitude was “We’ll get to it when we get to it”.

Talking to Avry I was informed that the Seals on one of the Paint Pumps have to be replaced tomorrow. Having seen the leakage along the one passageway I expected that.

Just as I got my Pay Cheque Kharen asked if I was coming in tomorrow. Sounds like I might get stuck doing his dirty work.

After checking for our Mail at Guardian Storage and depositing my Cheque at Motor City Community Credit Union it felt good to sit and relax in the Apartment. We had a Store Bought Thin Crust Chicken Pizza for supper while I got caught up reading on the Computer.

The 6 o’clock Local News report 36 New Coronavirus Cases bringing the Active Cases to 255 in the Windsor/Essex Region.

The Weather Network showed our Humidex felt like 82F (28 C) this afternoon. The Rain Showers we got throughout the day helped make it feel cooler.

I am happy to report that even though I indulged myself with the See-Food Snacks last night while we visited with Kevin and Melissa they did not change my weight. Since I started working here back in May I have lost 48 Pounds and feeling good about it.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

You can’t win unless you learn how to lose.

Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Basketball Player

3 comments:

  1. I could afford to lose 48 pounds. But, no thanks, not if it takes working with Kharen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you can certainly say that your job is not boring in so many ways. I am sorry that you have to work on the long weekend. You and Kathy used to so most things together, she must get lonely at times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fella Kharen is certainly a piece of work. ’

    ReplyDelete