It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, October 7, 2021

Undisturbed, Precious Moments and Happy Visit.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

After saying “Good Morning” to Paul this morning the first thing I did was to start checking the Air Lines that I hope to modify this coming weekend. As mentioned in last night’s Blog when using the Plasma Cutter there can not be an interruption in the air supply because it could cause the Torch itself to melt down. I only found Three Points where the Air Lines along the Washers could have an Air Connector installed.

With the Paint-Line experiencing stop and start conditions early every morning I switched my Morning Walk Around to the Mezzanine first so that the Belts, Blowers and Fans could be inspected. It also gave me the chance to look into a number of Bins that contained and assortment of Parts that could be used on future projects along with other stuff that could go straight to the Trash.

Returning to the Compound I set about cutting the Bulk Filter Material in preparation of the weekend. Next I found a Dozen Carriers in need of some TLC (Tough Labour Corrections) so they could be used again. Every time I glanced up I would see Paul the Owner or Kharen the Supervisor looking in my direction as they walked by but seeing I was busy didn’t stop what was happening.

It wasn’t until I finished cutting the Balancing Tube to the proper length plus a Quarter Inch that Paul stopped by. After the Stainless Steel Nipples are cooled from welding the Plastic Fittings will be tightened a bit more then today making the proper length minus One Sixteenth of an Inch. Once the Unions are snugged there will be no Leaks.

I continued working on the Pipe Guard as way of stopping workers from stepping on the Pipes themselves. Even though the plan is to anchor it to the floor I stood on it without the Anchors and it never sagged.

The plants think it's spring.

Just after my first break Paul gestured for me to follow him. He had driven a Container over that contained many items along with parts of a Trolley Hoist. He wants to bid on painting other Larger Parts that would require a Hoist lift them On and another to take them Off the Paint-Line. With the help of Sadh I was able to separate what we could use from the useless components. I was then sent on a search in the back Warehouse looking for a Second Unit only to come up empty handed.

Arriving at the Apartment by 3:45 I immediately headed for the Shower. Even though it didn’t feel that warm I was soaked under my Coveralls. Besides we didn’t have any time to waste. By 4:30 we were heading out the door. After fueling the Truck it was 5:00 by the time we got on the Expressway. It was 5:29 when we arrived at the Pharma Choice drug store in Amherstburg to get the forgotten Nasal Spray for Kathy.

Expecting to only have a short visit we went to Wendy’s Drive-Thru and had our usual lite meal. When we arrived at our son Kevin and daughter-in-law Melissa’s house at 5:59 Melissa was setting up her customary See Food Snacks (Lite Meal). She said they hadn’t eaten supper yet but she is always the Gracious Hostess. We had plenty to get caught up on while munching on some of the many tasty morsels. Melissa and Kathy kept the conversation going while Kevin and I raided a few more Tools from my Tool Cabinet. It’s bad when you have to stand on your Toes to see in the top. I also gathered my Safety Harness to use on a few Aerial Jobs in the Plant. We sadly said our Good Byes by 8:00 but didn’t get home until nearly 9:00. Thanks for another great visit guys!

Kevin's Street Rod is slowly coming together.

Due to a steady Rain I ran both sets of Fog Lights to be able to see the Road Lines. Looking in the Mirrors it seemed we had become the Pied Piper and suddenly had a solid line of vehicles behind us.

We’ll see what happens tomorrow.

The Weather Network showed our Humidex felt like 82F (28 C) this afternoon.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

You can’t win unless you learn how to lose.

Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Basketball Player

1 comment: