It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, October 25, 2021

Tied Up, Tied Down and Searching For Answers.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

There was no dragging my feet this morning because the moment I stepped outside the Rain was washing me down. Just getting in the Truck was a challenge as the Wind kept trying to blow the door into the car next to me. Arriving at the Plant the challenge was just getting inside while staying as dry as possible.

Paul and I got together before the Paint-Line started as a way of testing the Pump that Ivan and I had to pull on Saturday. Being that it was a Three Phase Motor there was a good chance that the Rotation could be wrong and with only a Five Second Burst it proved to be true. After shutting the Disconnect, I was able to open the Motor to change Two Wires, close it up and switch the Disconnect to on and the Line was running with only Two Minutes Down Time.

I didn’t even bother with the Morning Inspection instead I gathered Tools and headed up to the Mezzanine. Even though I’ll later make Brackets to support the Pipes connecting the Air Dryer to the System I was able to use Conduit Brackets to give it partial support on a Wooden Column. With that finished I used the Hammer Drill to bore holes into the Cement Floor to anchor the Unit. That would eliminate any movement that could cause excess strain on the Pipes.

After my first break I checked the Line and came back with a few Carriers that needed my attention. Once they were back in service I started disassembling the Piping we had removed in order to connect the Dryer Unit on Saturday. Big companies would have just tossed them in the Scrap but smaller companies such as this try to reuse what the can to keep their costs down.

When Paul came by around noon the issue of the Water Shutoff to the Washers was again front and center. We went together in search of that only to find a Single Valve tucked away on the Mezzanine. We even traced the Pipe from where it entered the Building. If anything ever happens to that Single Valve shutting the Water to the Plant would be the only way to stop it.

Lights coming on at 5:00.

Due to all the late night Tel-Marketers we were getting we’ve learned to shut our Cell Phones off at night and since I only turn it on when I call Kathy it saves the Battery. Kathy was supposed to have a Dental Appointment so I didn’t call at lunch. As I was getting ready to leave the Paint-Line suddenly stopped moving. It was all hands on deck. Ivan and I wiggled our way through the Dryers filled with Carriers and their Parts looking for anything that might have jammed the Line. Paul and Kharen worked on checking the Electrical and found a switch inside one of the Electrical Panels that had caused the problem. I punched out at 4:00.

I stopped by Guardian Storage to pay our monthly fees before heading for home. It was still Raining when I entered the building so it took me time to dry off before we had supper. We shared a personal sized Chicken Pot Pie along with Brussels Sprouts along with a slice of Lemon Meringue Pie for dessert.

The Weather Network showed our 50 F (10 C) high temperature today felt like 43 F (6 C). By looking at the Wind Speeds it was easy to understand why.

Just when we thought that things were improving the 6 o’clock Local News reported another Coronavirus Death along with 43 New Cases of which 10 were Not Vaccinated. That brought the Active Cases Count to 161 in the Windsor/Essex Region

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

A mushroom walks into a bar. He asks the bartender for a beer.

The bartender says, “Why should I give you a beer?”

The mushroom replies, “Because I’m a fungi.”

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is one busy day. Good thing you are good at troubleshooting!

    ReplyDelete