It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, October 16, 2021

What’s He Up To and A Traitor.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Those that have been following for some time know that I’ve gone back to work for the time being and the way things are looking we won’t be heading South for at least the next Two Winters. There are just too many things to consider and by having to rent an Apartment adds to the cash drain as one of those. Once those things are resolved we’ll be some of the first Snowbirds to migrate south for the Winter again.

Being that this was Saturday I was able to get an extra hour of sleep because our starting time is also backed up by an hour. Even though the Workers are able to change their timing by that hour doesn’t mean that Paul the Owner wakes up early enough to let us in by that time. All he could do was apologize for his tardiness when he finally opened up.

As he watched me hauling my belongings in he said he was still patrolling the building at 4:00 this morning. That happens every time there is a Break-In. He also said “You know what you need to do more then me so have a good day”. He then disappeared back into the Office.

Ivan only comes in on Saturdays to give me assistance because I’m teaching him things he’s never experienced and we work well together. As soon as I started welding the needed Brackets inside the Washer Avry needed his help. After he returned I had him adding the Unistrut Clamps to hold them to the Manifolds.

While I was setting up for the Drip Pan modification again he was taken away to simply move some stock with the Forklift while both the Cleaning Crew were more then qualified. We finally got the Frame welded in place but before the Panels could be attached he was again taken away. When he saw that they could have done it themselves he told them so and came back to our job.

We headed back to the Mezzanine where I needed to make a slight adjustment to the Roof Hatch Latch. Putting something together and making it work on a Workbench is easy but try doing it by yourself while standing an a Vertical Access Ladder without falling. Things don’t always line up exactly like that so you just make adjustments.

As I was talking to Kathy on the phone at lunch Kharen the Supervisor went walking by and waved to Ivan and I saying “Have a good Day”. After he passed we both said to one another “What’s he up to”?

If you recall I had to straighten an Electrical Panel Face Plate the other day. Today with Ivan on the Forklift we straightened the Mounting Brackets on Four of those Panels.

Using a borrowed Chain Saw we attempted to cut a Tree that started as a seed directly next to the building that we suspect was used as a ladder to access the Roof. The Chain however was so dull it could barely cut the Bark. We’ll get a new Chain on Monday to help secure the building. The funny part was it belonged to Ivan and he couldn’t get it to start. I’ve had Chain Saws before so when I started it on the first pull of the rope he called the Saw a traitor.

Cloudy with Showers kind of day.

There was more we could have done but since each could be an all day job we decided to save them for the next couple of weeks. Ivan notified Paul that he is only coming in on Saturdays to work with me or he’ll be going home. We punched out at 4:30.

Kathy was happy to see me at 4:45 and was serving supper within minutes. We had Baked Chicken and Mashed Sweet Potatoes along with Carbonated Juice (Fake Wine) for a drink as well as Fresh Cut Cantaloupe for dessert.

The 6 o’clock Local News reported the Coronavirus Cases in the Windsor/Essex Region so early in their broadcast that I totally missed them.

The Weather Network showed our high temperature today felt like 55 F (13 C).

I’ve already given my Coveralls a second wash in the Pail in the Bathtub. Tomorrow they’ll get their final washing in the Laundry Room.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars.

Og Mandino, Writer.

2 comments:

  1. I understand sometimes things aren't what we would like but don't wait too long to go south We can no longer go due to health issues and it breaks my heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed where your 'partner in crime' came from but happy to know you have one at that job. It'll help with your morale.

    ReplyDelete