It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Active Day and Kharen.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Up to this point our morning temperatures have been quite comfortable but the breeze has been gusty. When that happens and you walk between our building and the one just east of us the Wind coming off the Detroit River is funneled through there actually amplifying the effect.

Once inside the Plant it was quite comfortable which helped for my Morning Walk Around only finding One new maintenance concern to add to the list. I then went about checking for Carriers in need of repair. A few needed a quick adjustment but that was it.

Back at the Compound I completed the Stands for the new Drip Tray that will be installed this weekend. Placing them close to their installation point I went about straightening the edging on the Two Larger Sloped Pans as a way of giving them a longer life.

When I saw Paul the Owner I fend having had an upset stomach last evening and didn’t want to pass it to other guests at the Thanksgiving Celebration. Then I immediately started talking shop and about things we’ll need for this week’s projects. Reviewing the Parts List and what I had scratched off he suggested we would both go to Windsor Factory Supply since I knew what was needed more then him.

After again checking for any Carriers that needed repairs I focused on another job. Someone very recently installed a Straight-Elbow on the Air Dryer on the Mezzanine. The Thread Sealer they used would not allow me to remove it with simply a Pipe Wrench so I brought the Butane Torch along. That torch does not develop the heat of an Oxy-Acetylene Torch but after Five Minutes it was enough for the Elbow to break free.

Back at the Compound I busied myself removing the damaged Hinges from Two of the Stainless Steel Water Tank Covers. Since they were also warped I set about straightening them. Unlike Mild Steel there was more noise involved to get them back to being flat. Paul wondered what was causing all the noise but was impressed at my skills. I also showed him the Straight-Elbow that I had removed. Someone wanted only New Fittings on this unit but the inside build up showed it was anything but.

As I was returning the second Tank Cover I was spotted by Kharen the Supervisor as he came down from the Mezzanine. (He probably saw that the Elbow had been removed.) He looked around as if searching for something then nearly ran up to me accusing me of not maintaining the Carriers. Even though I insisted they were being done he was screaming (again) that as the Parts were being removed the Carriers looked bent and in needed of repair. He would not listen to the Line Worker that said the Carriers get bent as they went through the system. I just grabbed a couple of Carriers and headed back to the Compound leaving him standing there. This was Tuesday so I should have expected this.

When I got home and told Kathy about what Kharen did she wasn’t surprised. Even though I spent nearly an Hour trying to fix my Computer last night I managed to do it in Five Minutes tonight.

We had Sweet and Sour Chicken Balls with Fried Rice along with Peas for supper. For dessert we had a Yogurt Cup and a slice of Fruit Cake.

The 6 o’clock Local News reported there were only 21 New Coronavirus Cases in the Windsor/Essex Region today.

The Weather Network showed our Humidex felt like 77 F (25 C) earlier this afternoon.

More Computer issues tonight but I think I’ll just wait until tomorrow to fix it.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

I believe that you’re here on Earth for a short time and while you’re here shouldn’t you forget it.

Bea Arthur, Actress

1 comment:

  1. Just read that the border is opening in early November. Will you guys come south?

    ReplyDelete