It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, July 20, 2023

Still Out Of Breathe and Two Soakers.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

It was strange that Mile never said a word to me today, when he again saw me using the Oxy-Acetylene Torch to be able to breathe better. Now others that were not present yesterday asked what I was trying to do. When I started Wheezing before answering, then stopped after a shot of Oxygen they understood.

I managed to finish fixing the Oops on the Feedscrew that I started on Monday. Even the Engineer could not believe how long it took. I simply answered that when you apply One Drop of Metal at a time, it takes longer than you want. Now if they allowed me to use a MIG along with the TIG, it could have been finished in Half a Day, and it can be done.

When I talked to Kathy at lunch, she mentioned there were Storm Warnings for our area. Being located across the International Border from Detroit this region tends to share the Storms that come from the Southern States.

It wasn’t until I went back to the floor that I realized how sopping wet my clothes were. When I passed by the Shipping Door, the Black Clouds were rolling in from the West.

I loaded a 160 mm (6-1/4”) Feedscrew into the PTA, but was having trouble referencing my information because the sweat kept getting in my eyes. Checking later I would find out that the Humidex was above the Century Mark. As luck would have it, the information for another Screw I’d recently done was close, so when I ran the Test, it followed the sizing perfectly.

When I stopped at Motor City Community Credit Union to deposit my Pay-Cheque I noted the sky was getting darker. By the time I left it was starting to Rain.

I sat in the Truck for a Half Hour waiting for the Rain to slow down a bit. It was so intense tree branches were being ripped off. When I finally headed in, I still got as wet as I had been at work. Inside a gentleman that saw my Cane, said I must have walked between the drops, because I wasn’t soaked. He raised his eyebrows when I said I just ran.

Kathy made Macaroni and Cheese for supper. She still has some shortness of breathe, which they say is possible, but nothing like before the Ablation.

Looking forward to the weekend.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

When is a cow hairy on the inside and the outside at the same time?



When it stands in the doorway of the barn.

1 comment:

  1. OK then, good. A tiny bit of improvement after the ablation. And you are able to run between rain drops. So I guess thing are kind of OK up there!

    ReplyDelete