It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, July 6, 2023

A Mind Of Its Own.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Even with the Pillow under my leg and the Extra-Strength Tylenol, I could not say that I had a restful sleep. It felt good going in at the normal starting time, to help ease some of the tiredness. The first thing I did was to tell Mile about Kathy’s Ablation Appointment and that I would be taking the time off. I made the recommendation that if the CNC Mill Machinists would channel some of the Shafts, I could weld them for machining while I’m gone. I might be working late next Monday and Tuesday.

Since I had already loaded the Unit into the PTA, it didn’t take long before I was actually welding. I mentioned about being able to calculate the length of time it takes to do each Pass, and today it was Thirty-Three Minutes each. Add Two Minutes to restart the next Pass, and that would mean I could be doing another touch-up job after lunch. All that was calculated, but what wasn’t was the PTA changing its mind.

The Torch suddenly shut down, and the Carriage taking off to the far end of the beam. When it got there the 403 Error Code showed up saying the Carriage was beyond its western limit. No matter what I did including rebooting the system would work. I got Vic involved since the last time we were successful as a team. Not today!

When I walked into the Office at lunchtime with my sleeves rolled up and my arms black from the Metallic Dust, Mile’s jaw dropped. I simply said to call the Electrician and he was making the call without asking what was wrong.

I talked to Kathy during lunch and suggested I might be late, plus I had errands to run.

By the time I returned to the PTA, Rick the Electrician was just walking in. He made a number of adjustments to the Servo Motor (Electric Motors with Limit Switches built in). Finally we had some movement before more adjustments had it working the way it should. He found a Connection that had become detached. Reassembled, that powered the Torch and the Bin Heater that stopped working at Christmas. I figured now was a good time to check the Oscillating Bar. That was a matter of shutting the System down and hand cranking the Bar. In less than Two Hours I was back to welding on the PTA.

Unfortunately, by the time I buried the Feedscrew in the Sandbox for the night, it was past 4:18 when I punched out. I called Kathy to say I was finally on my way.

I stopped at the Tire Shop, to order new tires for the Car at 4:45. The Salesman informed me they had closed at 4:30 and there were Five different sized tires for our Car. I’ll call him tomorrow, so we’ll have new Tires, for going to Newmarket for Kathy’s Heart Ablation next week.

I then stopped at the Pioneer gas station to top off the Truck with Diesel. Since I use their Points Card, I saved Seven Dollars off my purchase.

One more stop to deposit my Pay-Cheque at the Bank, before heading home.

We had a Store-Bought Thin-Crust Vegetarian Pizza for supper, while we watched the 6 o’clock Local News. Looks like we have more wet weather heading our way.

Even though I am tired, I’ve managed to stay awake to this point.

We’ll see what tomorrow brings.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your Christmas tree is still up in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment