It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Restarting, Bad Microphone and Ready To Roll.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

It’s bad when you only start writing the Blog at the time you normally go to bed. Being tired from another early day doesn’t help either, but it was good that I did.

The Twenty Foot Six Inch Diameter Feedscrew that I had waiting in the PTA, had not been measured or marked. The reason for doing that is because the numbers don’t always match what is on the Blueprint. Ten Minutes later with all the numbers written down the Burners were fired up and I was connecting the only Full Argon Cylinder in the Plant. Because of its size it would take longer to heat so a couple of touch-ups were squeezed in while I filled in the PTA Spreadsheet.

When the “Begin to Weld” button was hit everything seemed like it would be an easy Three Hour Weld. The first Four Flights went flawlessly, then the Orifice started plugging. Most times it as simple as using the Wire Poker to clear it for the day, but a rotation further showed a different story.

Keeping the Burners going and the Screw rotating, the Carriage was sent to the end of the Unit where the Torch that I had cleaned an Hour before, could be serviced again. I was able to remove the blockage without having to replace the Orifice. Firing it back up I simply restarted the entire Feedscrew. Even though I kept a keen eye on the Torch the Feedscrew was headed to the Sandbox by 2:30 after using Four Thousand Pounds of Argon to do the job. Another touch-up was made before I headed out the door, for a Four Day Weekend.

It was minutes after 4:00 when I arrived at Wyandotte Chiropractic Center. While Richard worked at getting the kinks out of my Hip/Leg I discussed an idea that might help me out. He went On-Line and immediately found what I was talking about but better yet. Since the Pain reflects down the Leg Muscle I thought of Compression Shorts, like I used to have in my long distance cycling days. Now I just have to find a Sports Shop that has them or order them off Amazon.

I picked up supper on the way home. When I walked in the Apartment Kathy said we were going to our daughter Karen’s after supper. As we ate Karen called changing that to, she was coming over. She was home alone and had never seen our Apartment.

While we visited she brought up a problem that was noticed every time the kids got on Messenger with Kathy, nobody could hear what she was saying. For the next Hour lots of things were tried, but we could not get the Microphone to work on Kathy’s Laptop. We’ll have it serviced when we get back.

We are mostly packed and ready to hit the road in the morning.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

You can waste your lives drawing lines. Or you can live your life crossing them.

Shonda Rhimes, Author

3 comments:

  1. Hope all goes well for Kathy . Safe travels to New Market.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy hope things work out well for you.
    I saw that they tore up the road going into LaPosa South.
    You'll have a nice smooth road this year.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK. Best wishes for travel and good results from the ablation. As far as I can tell, with a limited sample of about 5 people, it's done them all well, so hope that's the case with Kathy!

    ReplyDelete