It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, July 22, 2023

Forgotten Brace and Cable Purchase.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

On Friday when I went to work, I had packed my Brace in case my leg would not carry me through the shift. The reason I did not wear it from the start was of perspiration and what it would do to the Brace itself. Even though it was a struggle I made it through the shift, and brought it home in the Truck. With the forecast of more bad weather heading our way, I put it in the back seat so I could give Vic a ride to Tecumseh Road to catch a Bus that would get him home sooner.

Even though I had pulled the wool over a gentleman’s eyes about running from the Truck with my Cane, it is impossible. When I got home on Friday I missed the bag in the backseat containing my Brace. By the time I went to bed I could barely move, and the Pain kept me from stumbling around in the dark to retrieve the Brace. My night was restless and without the Brace the Pain seemed amplified. I even sat in my recliner for an Hour, in hopes of falling to sleep.

We had Over Easy Egg on Toast with Juice for breakfast. We spent the morning reading Messages and Blogs before checking what we needed to get at the grocery store. I retrieved the Brace from the Truck before we left the lot with the Car.

Our first stop was Guardian Storage where I was able to stand next to our Trailer to get some measurements. The measurements I am referring to are for the distance from the roof to the front Basement Compartment.

Our next stop was Princess Auto where they had Welding CableOn-Sale”. Using the measurements from the Trailer, I was able to purchase the Cable that will connect the Solar Panels on the roof to the Charge Controller and Batteries in the basement. There was still Sticker Shock when we went through the Cashier, because the price of wiring has doubled in the Seven Years since I did our last trailer.

Passing showers,

Our last stop was the Zehr’s grocery store, where we only got what was on our Shopping List. Every day since her Ablation, Kathy has been having fewer periods of difficulty breathing. She even let me push the Shopping Cart for support, so I could walk faster than with the Cane. The short time we were in the store my Hip/Leg Pain was screaming at me again.

The first thing I did inside the Apartment was to take Two Extra Strength Tylenol. Once the groceries were put away I passed out in my chair for nearly an Hour.

We had Veggie Wraps from all the Stir-Fried Vegetables I found in the Fridge, along with a Fruit Cup for dessert and Carbonated Juice (Fake Wine) to drink.

We didn’t accomplish what we had hoped for, but it was more than we did last week.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Know You're Over The Hill When Lawn care has become a big highlight of your life.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear your leg is keeping you up, glad to know Kathy is improving consistently though.

    ReplyDelete