It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, July 15, 2023

Kathy’s Procedure Update.

 Our Location today is Newmarket, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

As mentioned in yesterday’s Blog, the WiFi connection in our Motel leaves a lot to be desired. This could be the last posting until we are safely back in our Apartment.

Yesterday, Friday I mentioned having Brunch at a Wendy’s, so that I could publish our Blog and locate the Medical Supply Store that was highly recommended. When I punched it in on the Computer, I saw the same information that was already written down, but it also had a picture of the storefront. When I went to Mapquest, it would only show a single bubble, so I figured it was just down the road where I had seen a larger Shoppers Drug Mart.

After hobbling out to the Car and putting the Computer inside, I looked at the surrounding stores in the strip mall to look for an Address to reference. Instead of an Address, I was looking at the storefront I had just seen On-Line. Even though it was less than a Thousand Feet, it was downhill and I was having a hard enough time walking, because my leg was killing me.

The young person that served me kept trying to direct me to a Knee Brace all while the Thigh Brace was right next to it. She probably looked at the price which was much higher. I could barely stand so I sat and applied the Brace directly over my Trousers. Even before it was fully adjusted I was feeling relief. I walked back to the Car, barely using my Cane.

Back at the Motel, I was getting things ready for a Friday Blog when Candice (not Cynthia) called saying Kathy seemed unsure about taking her Morning Medication and her Allergies. I was able to access the Medical Files on my Computer and give her all that information she needed over the phone. She also informed me that Kathy’s Procedure that was scheduled to start at 11:00 was about to start at 2:35, due to a problem in the OR. (Not what you want to hear.)

It was 4:00 when Candice called again saying that Kathy had come through the Procedure with flying colours. Since the Heart is carefully monitored during the Procedure, there were no more Heart Arrhythmias detected, and she had a good Sinus Rhythm. She then went over a list of Dos and Don’ts, along with things we needed to know for our travels back home. Kathy needed to remain flat on her back for Two Hours, so the incision would close before being released. When that happen I could pick her up.

I called our kids to let them know all was well.

Overhead Crosswalk, connects the Patient Rooms
to the Emergency/Surgery building.

I was there when Kathy was wheeled out. (Hospital Policy) It was over Twenty-Four Hours since she had eaten so the first thing we did was at her request, was to go to the same Wendy’s I had before to get Chicken Wraps for supper. We decided to stay the extra night so Kathy will be able to tolerate the drive better. It felt good just to Hug her and hold her hand most of the night.


This morning Saturday I struggled to stay in bed but finally got up by 8:00. I sat in a chair ,and watched her sleeping, but it was only minutes later that Kathy struggled to get up. After she was awake, I read aloud the papers given by the Hospital. As we got ready to go out for breakfast Kathy was back to herself, doing everything on the list that she is not supposed to.

We again returned to the same Wendy’s/ Tim Hortons for breakfast. From the Tim Hortons we enjoyed a Breakfast Croissant and Coffee. We barely sat down to eat when the place filled with people. We were half way finished when the Rain started coming down.

When the Rain paused and we finished our Coffees we headed to Dollarama to pick up bottles of juice. Allowed to walk but not excessively we took our time and walked the aisles.

The Newmarket Inn.

We headed to McDonald’s for an Ice Cream Cone before going back to the Motel. We’ll go for supper around 6:00 so that I can post this Catch-Up Blog.


Hopefully our travels will go well tomorrow, though we’ll be taking breaks every hour so Kathy can stretch. We’ll also try to up-date tomorrow.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your tackle box contains dynamite and blasting caps.

9 comments:

  1. Whoot Whoot !!! Good to her Kathy came thru with 'Flying Colors'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great that Kathy came through the procedure with flying colors. Take care and safe travels home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad it's over and all is OK. Here's hoping you have a safe trip back, and that they found the right spot and Kathy has no more of those troubles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good news. Obey the orders Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great news Kathy. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to hear about Kathy's successful procedure!

    ReplyDelete