It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, July 10, 2023

More Four Letter Words.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Arriving at the Plant, only minutes ahead of the shift, we were surprised when Khelan walked in with Coffee and Donuts. Like everyone else in the shop, he was celebrating his Birthday today and was sharing his good fortune. It also helped that everyone’s hands were still clean.

After pulling the Two Feedscrews that spent the weekend in the Sandbox out and transferring them to the Straightening Press I went to work at the Inspection Bench. There was a Rebuild Unit that had been over-cut by the Machinist on the CNC Mill on the Pocket, then over ground on multiple Flights by the newest member of the Polishing Crew. (He’s been told not to over grind the Flights, but he continues to do it.)

It would take over Two Hours before I had built up all the low areas, making certain there was enough material. Before I could move it Mile looked at one area and said “More”.

I called Kathy at my first break asking her to run an errand for me.

It was an Hour after our first break when I was certain everything had ample material, by using a Straight Edge from the surrounding Flights as a visual aid. I had just wound up the cables when the Lead Machinist looked at the Screw and said “More” right before lunch.

Talking to Kathy, she told me I would have to run the errand myself, because things had changed. I reminded her of my going to the Tire Shop on the way home.

Another Twenty Minutes and I was ready to call it a day when the OD Grinder Operator said “More”. I always pride myself on doing clean, smooth and accurate work. Before I retired the Mold Makers I worked with, preferred that kind of welding, because it left little for them to clean up. In the end, even though I used the TIG Welder, you would have thought that I had used a Stick Welder, but Mile liked it.

With less than an Hour left in the shift, I mounted a Twenty Foot Feedscrew in the PTA. Since it was the third in a series, I had all the numbers entered before leaving at the end of the shift.

When I arrived at the Tire Shop the Sales Rep I had spoken to before was not in. Since I could be late leaving work tomorrow, I prepaid for the Tires and left my Car Keys.

I was surprised that it was still early when I walked in the Apartment, but there was no time to relax. Kathy and I immediately headed out the door. Following me back to the Tire Shop with the Car, we got there just as they were closing up for the day. The Car was immediately parked in the bay so it will be secure for the night.

We stopped at Wendy’s where we used a Coupon to buy our supper. Knowing how to adjust their Coupon Menus really saves you money and you get what you want.

The Pain in my Hip/Leg is not improving and things I have been doing are not practical in these urban settings. When I stand up, it takes a minute before I can walk without falling down. The same thing happens when I get out of the Truck or Car. I’ve been using my Hiking Stick, which is great out in natural settings but gets a lot of stares when you walk into a business, in the city. After supper we drove to Shoppers Drug Mart where after careful consideration, I purchased a Cane. It’s not like the Cane my grandfather had, but is surprisingly comfortable and has improved my ability to get around, even in the Apartment.

I’m still looking forward to Pain Relief in the near future.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You clean your car or truck out with a leaf blower.

2 comments:

  1. We have a friend who is dealing with the same issue with his legs/hips... trouble getting up and walking. It began for him right after the booster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good. Glad you've gotten a cane....support on a bad hip is a good thing. Do take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete