It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, July 21, 2023

Comedy Of Errors.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

After setting up the Feedscrew I’d be working on today and testing the program yesterday, I was hoping to have an early start, to beat the heat today.

I just went in for the normal starting time, but I had used the numbers and calculated that in less than Two and a Half Hours of welding this Unit could be headed to the Sandbox. What I forgot to calculate was that the PTA, likes to change things and the fact that I was using a Hard Surfacing Powder that causes problems every time it is used.

With the Screw all nicely heated up when I hit the “Begin to Weld” button, the Torch immediately took a dive directly into the weld. After cleaning and resetting it the same thing happen. I started shutting down the entire system and Rebooting it in an attempt to make it work. On the Seventh Attempt it worked.

As I sat monitoring the process, what I was seeing through the Shield and on the previous Flight were two different things. There was a severe Undercut, caused by the Right Side Feed Hole on the Orifice being plug. Remember I talked about the Powder, it causing problems every time it’s used. Getting the Torch cleaned, I was able to change the settings and repair that Undercut, only to have it happen Two Rotations further along.

Mile complained he wanted it to be done in a Single Pass, but when the Torch started plugging up on the Left Side Feed Hole right in front of him, he just walked away raising his hands in frustration, and me to deal with the problems.

I had the chance to talk to Kathy a lunch while fighting to finish the First Zone. Notice that it is later than hoped for. All I could say, was that I hoped to be home on time.

The Second Zone was only Nine Inches Long and I was half way through it when the Torch ran out of the Hard Surfacing Powder, because of all the repairs I’d had to make. It had been a Comedy of Errors.

When Mile saw me burying the Feedscrew in the Sandbox at 2:30, but never said a word. Vinnie the Engineer showed me why. I have another Machining Oops to fix on Monday.

It felt good to be heading home on time, but I did not appreciate getting stuck behind Two different Student Drivers, in Rush Hour Traffic.

Kathy made Sweet and Sour Chicken on Vegetable Rice for supper, with Strawberries for dessert. At least neither of us were having Breathing Issues today.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Who looks outside dreams; who looks inside, awakens.

Carl Jung, Swiss Psychologist

No comments:

Post a Comment