It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Lots Of Water and Kathy Overdoing It.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Before going to bed last night, I instinctively put on my Leg Brace. There were still some Painful moments, but nothing like Sunday Night. When it came time to start my day I actually felt rested.

After starting that Machining Oops yesterday, I automatically headed back to the Inspection Table to resume the build up. After nearly Two Hours of continual TIG Welding, my Leg was starting to cramp up. All I needed was a walk around the Bench and it would be fine, so I thought.

When I came out from the Portable Welding Tent, I noted I was standing in Water, Lots of Water. A quick look around the TIG Welder showed Water spraying from the Coolant Lines. That’s when things got shut down. The lines had rubbed themselves against the Machine and sprang leaks that were not there yesterday.

I was already in the process of undoing the lines when Mile said he’d call a repairman. I simply said that I had been doing those repairs for over Forty Years and I would fix it. He just stood and watched.

An Hour later, those lines had been repaired and we ran a Test to check that there were no other leaks. The Third Line that had not leaked before decided to get in on the fun but this time it was impossible to Fix, because of the Fitting. With the help of Vic we quickly serviced the Cooler while Mile went to the Local Welding Supply Store. He had been able to purchase that single line with the Fitting attached. We had it assembled and tested just on time for the lunch break.

When I talked to Kathy, she had just returned from the grocery store. She had run short of breath for a moment in our parking lot due to the high Humidex, but after sitting for a brief period, fully recovered and got everything upstairs.

I continued welding until Vic asked if I was staying over, because it was 3:30. It didn’t take long to get ready to leave, though my shirt was sopping wet.

I headed straight to Windsor Gas and Diesel. Jim has always been fair to us, allowing us to take the vehicle and go back to pay for it later, so I don’t want to leave him hold our bill, longer than necessary. With the Tires last week and this Repair bill this week, I think I better keep this job for a while longer.

It felt good to get home and enjoy a refreshing shower.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Why didn’t Handel go shopping?



Because he was Baroque.

No comments:

Post a Comment