It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, January 20, 2023

Things Working Out and Selfish People.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

It again felt good to have the extra hour of sleep this morning but when the Alarm went off, even though she was still asleep Kathy told me to go back to sleep. That sounded inviting but I don’t think my employer would have like if I had done what she said.

After getting checked in, the first thing I did was to get the Burners going to preheat the Twenty-Five Foot Feedscrew in the PTA.

I then spent Ten Minutes setting up the TIG Welding Machine to spot Two Pinholes on a Mixer Flight. Each Hole took Ten Seconds to do before I spent another Ten Minutes shutting down the Machine. It would take Mike the Polisher, Two Minutes to clean up before it was crated for shipment.

I had done some extra measuring on this Screw and ignored the measurements on the Print. In the past I’d used the Print thinking that was the numbers I should work with. Instead that was the Finished Dimension which made a difference on the way the Machine functioned. Today the Torch only needed an Inch of adjustment compared to shorter ones that had drifted over a Foot.

Besides burying that Unit in the Sandbox to slowly cool over the weekend I also set up another smaller Feedscrew in the PTA to do on Monday. I used the same method of Measuring rather then the Print and when I made a Test Run, it ran perfectly.

Traffic was crazy for a Friday afternoon, but Kathy was still happy to see me walk in the door minutes after 4:00. We had a chance to talk before we had Veggie Wraps for supper.

By eating early that gave me the chance to do our laundry this evening rather then tomorrow. There unfortunately are still people that think they can just leave their belongings in the Machines unattended, while others are waiting to use them. It was close to 9:30 before I returned with everything folded because of that.

With the weather becoming more Seasonal we still want to get a few things accomplished tomorrow.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You picket your horses on your lawn, so you won't have to mow it.

1 comment:

  1. A long day, when you count in the laundry, but sounds like all went OK! That's always good.

    ReplyDelete