It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, January 12, 2023

Busy and Stuck In Traffic.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

As soon as I saw the Job Tag on the Rebuild this morning, I chose to do the second job first. The second job simply had Four spots to be touched up. The first was a Metric Feedscrew. If you’ve been reading this Blog for the last Five Months, you’ll remember me saying I don’t like doing them. Somehow even though the Calculations for the Lead-in and Lead-out are the same as a Standard Feedscrew they never seem to work out right.

This Unit was fairly simple with Two Flights of which one had Three Zones. Nobody bothered me because they could hear the roar of the Gas Burners heating up the Screw.

During the Lunch Break I was still keeping watch on the process and making the needed adjustments. It’s also the quietest time because the Compressor doesn’t cycle as many times as when others are using their Hand Grinders. Using my Ear-Buds and hearing protection Headphones I was able to talk with Kathy for about Ten Minutes. I told her there was the possibility it would be a late shift.

Doing Rebuilds is different than doing a New Feedscrew. You use less Amperage and Powder on the First Pass. On the Second and sometimes Third Passes the Amperage is again lowered while increasing the Powder Rate. When the Flights are narrow, it is harder to control the build up. It’s also trickier to keep them warm without going too far.

After putting it to rest in the Sandbox, it was past 5:15 when I punched out. I called Kathy to let her know I’d be home soon.

Little did I think of the 5:00 Rush Hour. When I got on County Road 42 the Two Minute Drive took Twenty Minutes with Bumper-to-Bumper Traffic.

I stopped at the TD Bank before going to Wendy’s for supper.

When I came out traffic was again Bumper-to-Bumper. It was easy to get into but then the Flashing Lights started coming from every direction. The easiest way for the Ambulance to get through was cutting over at the last Traffic Light, drive into Oncoming Traffic then crossed back over at the next light.

When I walked in the Apartment at 6:20 Kathy was watching the 6 o’clock Local News. The weather forecast they gave is a far cry as to what the Radar shows we’ll be getting.

With tomorrow being Friday, I’m hoping there are no Rebuilds to do.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

I can hear music coming from my printer.

I think the paper’s jamming again.

1 comment:

  1. Living where we do, we only have traffic when in town with the many stop lights. Town is 10 miles away. We, too, get aggravated when traveling and stuck in traffic.

    ReplyDelete