It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, January 5, 2023

I Shouldn’t Think Like That.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

After checking in with Mile this morning the first thing I did was check how the Comoly Repair I did last evening, had turned out. Stripping the first Heat Blanket I wasn’t surprised to still feel some heat coming through the second Blanket. When I pealed it back I had a smile on my face that told Mile the Crack was no longer there. He said he’d wait past 10:00 to OD Grind it so as not to Crack it again.

Since there was no room to work on the Inspection Bench to TIG weld I set up the last remaining New Feedscrew in the Plasma Transfer Arc (PTA). I’ve mentioned how this machine doesn’t like welding Metric Sized Screws and that’s what this was. When I finally hit the “Begin To Weld” button I fought unsuccessfully to keep it on track. I tried Three Restarts all with the same affect. Remembering that it hardly did that with Standard Size Feedscrews I found a Four Inch Diameter program and added another Zone specific to this Unit. Putting in the same numbers I had on the Metric program when I ran my test it tracked perfectly. This was a simple One Zone Screw which should have taken Two Hours at the most.

One thing about Welding is that as you focus on the Arc to make certain it is working properly you have a lot of time to Think of a lot of things. Anything from Home Repairs, RV Modifications, World Problems, Family Issues and even Machine Designs. Whenever I set up the PTA Torch I expose the Feed Lines that carry the Powdered Hard-Surfacing Material and think I hope that never plugs up. Yesterday I had to replace the Orifice that gets the Material from those same Lines.

As the Machine was welding this morning I noticed more Powder on the surrounding floor then normal. Then the weld was leaving Severe Undercut right next weld a sign that the Orifice was again plugged. It turned out not to be the Orifice but the Seven Inch Long Feed Line was plugged. The PTA soon became a PITA as Mile and I worked together to unplug this One/Sixteenth Diameter Stainless Steel Line. We used several pieces of Filler Wire used for TIG welding as a Drill.

Mile went to the Office and by the time he returned I had already gotten the Torch working again. Unfortunately, because of the damaged done I had to run an additional pass to repair it. Even though this was payday I punched out after 4:00.

The Traffic was surprisingly lite for that time of day. I made a quick stop at the Motor City Community Credit Union before getting home. Once inside the Apartment as Kathy and I were going over the details of our day I was so exhausted that I fell asleep. The next thing I knew Kathy was waking me for supper.

The 6 o’clock Local News showed some Seasonal Weather heading our way with Mixed Precipitation.

I mentioned using our Camera yesterday on the Feedscrew so I could show the repair. My Cell Phone does take great pictures but I have yet to find a simple way to upload them to the Computer short of disassembling my Phone itself.

With all the standing I do on those hard Cement Floors I’m glad tomorrow is Friday so I can enjoy the weekend for a rest. I’ve already worked over Forty Hours this week.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

You, yourself as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.

Buddha

2 comments:

  1. When taking pictures with our phone, we will email them to ourselves. We can then open the picture on our computer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can use Bluetooth to transfer the photos to your computer. Both the phone and the computer must have the Bluetooth turned on. On my Mac after the upload is finished I simple go to Finder, downloads, today, highlight them and move them to iPhoto. My phone is a Samsung and pairs with my Mac laptop easily. You will need to use the SHARE feature on the bottom of your phone’s pictures or gallery.
    You could also up load them to Google Photos, then simply transfer them from there to your regular photo program, or edit them in Google Photo. In Blogger when uploading the photos they go very quickly from Google Photos.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete