It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, January 13, 2023

Friday The 13th.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

It just shows how we become numb when back in the working world. Every day I fill in a worksheet listing what jobs I work on so the customer can be charged accordingly. It wasn’t until I started filling in this sheet and looked at the Calendar that showed it was Friday the 13th. Many believe this to be a day of dread, while others like myself just treat it like any other day.

I’ve mentioned that the large rack full of Feedscrews for me to weld is now empty. For nearly Two Hours all I did, first thing this morning, was pull the recently welded Screws from the Sandbox and bring them closer to the Outside Diameter Grinder.

My first Touch Up around 8:00 took Ten Minutes to set up, Two Minutes to weld and Ten Minutes to wind up.

After moving Six Feedscrews I finally had another Rebuild to touch up. The PTA had not filled in the Notches properly so it had to be done with the TIG. It took Forty Minutes for me to finish before our morning break at 10:00.

After break, I personally checked with all the Machinists if they had anything to be welded before giving the PTA area a thorough sweeping. You have to remember that this was not Dust I was sweeping but Powdered Metal that did not mold to the Feedscrew.

I found a welding job right before our lunch break but waited to do it. When I spoke to Kathy during break I mentioned I might be home early as a personal choice. She had been on the phone talking to our Dear Friend Vera. They’ll be visiting next week which is perfect during the cold weather heading our way.

One of the touch ups on the Feedscrew I did after lunch was marked “Bad Weld”. Using a Magnifying Glass I showed Mile the damage had been done by an End Mill. A Half Hour later I was delivering that job to the OD Grinder.

With over Six Hours Overtime already this week and no Welding to do, when I saw Mile I asked if he wanted me to go home. He looked stunned at the question so I explained. All the welding jobs were complete. I’d cleaned my area and he was basically paying me to stand around. He said I could go if I wanted, but if I did to enjoy my weekend. It doesn’t get any better than that.

Kathy couldn’t believe that I was home by 3:00. We sat at the Computers talking but then my eyes closed for a bit.

While Kathy put together the dessert, Cantaloupe and Nanaimo Bar I was busy making a Vegetarian Omelette using the Leftover Stir-Fry and Shredded Mozzarella Cheese. Served piping hot it was delicious and satisfying.

We took a quick ride to the Corner Store but with the Cold Winds blowing I dropped Kathy at the front entrance on our return.

I am presently washing my Coveralls and should have this Blog published before they are finished. So as you can see this Friday the 13th was a hard day to take.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

The simplest way to explain the behaviour of any bureaucratic organization is to assume that it is controlled by a cabal of its enemies.”

Robert Conquest’s Third Law of Politics

3 comments:

  1. Glad you were off early! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friday the 13th was good to you. Nice to have extra time off to get things done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHA. Nice end to the work week... off early. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete