It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, January 19, 2023

Becoming A Habit.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

First thing this morning I changed the Oxygen Cylinder on the Oxy-Acetylene Cart. In this plant it is mainly used for straightening bent Feedscrews, taking the chill out of the metal before welding and melting Plastic that was inbedded in the flights of used Units. There were Two Touch-Up Jobs to do on the Inspectors Bench with the TIG Welder before adding the Second Lug to the other Feedscrews with the Arc Welder all before 8:30.

Besides helping the Machinist on the CNC Mill do a couple of measurements things were starting to slow down before our morning break.

The decision was finally made by Mile the Owner and the Vinnie the Engineer that the Oversized Feedscrew would be repaired on the Plasma Transfer Arc. It was originally welded the Thursday before Christmas. It was at that point we started having trouble with the Orifice not covering the full width of the channel. After it was cleaned on the OD Grinder then shaped on the CNC Mill that the Undercutting became very noticeable.

I managed to find the Job Traveller and minutes after mounting the screw itself in the PTA, I was busy adding all the measurements in the Computer. By simply shutting the Weld Current I was able to do a dry run and the Torch was tracking perfectly.

I managed to talk with Kathy during my break. She was just sticking around the Apartment for the day. I mentioned that it was looking like I might be leaving at the end of the shift.

Lunch break was barely over when another Feedscrew was delivered. With everyone working on other jobs Mile started using the Torch to burn off the Plastic that encased it. Since I needed to preheat more Feedscrews before welding I had to change the Oxygen Cylinder on the second Oxy-Acetylene Cart.

With the pressure to get the products out the door, mistakes happen. The Screws I had repaired this morning were over ground and Mile was adamant that the Mixer Flights be widened again. Of course there is always something that slows someone down. The Argon Cylinder on the TIG Welder went dry. Since it requires using the Crane to replace it I simply connected to the Argon Tank that was delivered this morning. When Mile asked why I did that, I simply said, You wanted this done tonight or tomorrow. He soon left for the evening.

I punched out at 5:45 but had to sit in the parking lot talking to Kathy just to relax. Using a Coupon, I picked supper up on the way home.

These Last Minute Jobs are becoming habitual and I’m thinking maybe I might have other things to do after work, rather then getting them done right away.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

This girl said she knew me from the vegetarian club.

But I never met herbivore.

No comments:

Post a Comment