It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, January 4, 2023

I Told Them and An Understatement.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

For the second day in a row I was awake staring at the ceiling by 4:00 in the morning. It didn’t matter what I did there was no getting just a few more minutes of sleep. The convincing factor was the message I get when my Back starts to ache before the pain begins if I stay in bed too long.

At least there was no Train to contend with this morning but the Fog was thicker then it was yesterday. My route takes me along County Roads so I thought that was why, but Jason comes straight down Walker Road and said traffic was barely crawling along due to the Fog.

The One Inch high, Cracked Tip that I wanted off yesterday.
There's Ten Layers of Weld there.

I brought the Camera in my Lunchbag so I could actually show you what it is that I do. Before welding the Mixer Flight on the Feedscrew yesterday I had suggested taking the entire thing off because it was made from Comoly which is extremely brittle. Even though I’d wrapped it in Heat Blankets when I had finished the welding the first thing I saw this morning was a Crack on the material I had wanted to remove.

A Pinhole on the Mixer Flight.
That Feedscrew weighs Three Thousand Pounds.

Two more Feedscrews were touched up while the last of the set of Four was heating up in the PTA. All the Machinist were trying to see when I could do the Screws they were working on. Having seen an improvement in how quickly the last Two had come out I told them after Noon. It didn’t take long for that to become an understatement when the Orifice on the Torch messed up. When one of the two feed holes plugs there is severe Undercut on the opposite side of the Channel. It took Forty-Five Minutes to change the Orifice and another Thirty-Five Minutes to repair the Undercuts. Then the Centering Knob refused to work today so when the Torch would drift from its course I had to stop and restart the process. I buried it in the Sandbox at 3:30 this afternoon.

Remember the part of the Flight that was not removed and cracked. While I was working the PTA today it was ground off. After the day shift left for the day I repeated what I had done yesterday at rebuilding the Comoly Flight. Speaking with Mile before leaving he insisted I do the Two Inch Feedscrew in the morning. Again it was 5:00 by the time I punched out.

I was so busy today I didn’t talk to Kathy until I was on my way home. She had no problem getting my CPAP Machine reprogrammed at Vital Aire.

I picked up supper on the way using a Coupon.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Which is faster, hot or cold?


Hot, because you can catch a cold.

2 comments:

  1. Every time you say PTA I think to myself Pain in the A$$. I think I'm right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curious.... You've mentioned before using your camera. Does not your phone take pictures.

    ReplyDelete