It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, January 18, 2023

It Was Too Much and Backwards Day.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

It’s not often that it happens but yesterday it was just too late to write our Blog and I apologize for that.

On Tuesday between Touch-Ups on a number of different Feedscrews I found a number of used Oxy-Acetylene Tips that appeared to lack maintenance. Between the jobs I cleaned then used the Tip Cleaner to bring them back to usable condition. Both Mile the Owner and Jovo the Lead Machinist were impressed.

I couldn’t call Kathy because Mary the Nurse from Health Heals was scheduled to be at our Apartment at the time of my lunch break.

Near the end of the shift it was an “All hands on deck” approach as everyone worked together crating the finished products and putting them by the Shipping Door. The entire crew walked out after only clocking an extra Fifteen Minutes to their day.

As soon as I walked in the Apartment, Kathy and I were trading information about our day all while getting supper ready. Kathy served Date Squares for dessert while I put together Veggie Wraps.

There was no time to dawdle, as I headed for an early shower and Kathy took care of the dishes.

Then I had the job of filling our Pill Doucettes. Since I’d just picked up our Prescriptions on the way home it took extra time getting things set up. I did not finish getting everything packed away until nearly 11:00.

To say I was dragging this morning would be an understatement. Luckily, I didn’t start until 7:00 but it didn’t matter. With no Welding to be done Mile assigned me the task of cutting an Extra-Long Feedscrew. When the Material was ordered the size was recorded as 230 Inches, but the person that filled the order read it as 280 Inches.

When that was completed and the Screw brought to Wayne on the Lathes I was reassigned. I was told to work with Vic at making Shipping Crates. At Twenty-Four Years Old he had the Measurements and One Time Experience but it was far from the years of helping others building Houses, Garages, Fences and Decks that I have accumulated. The first Crate took an Hour but the rest were being finished in Thirty Minutes each.

Have you noticed that there had been no Welding done to this point. At 3:00 in the afternoon there was suddenly a pile of Repairs, Touch-Ups and Hard Welding that needed to be done. The Hard Welding involved adding Lugs on the ends of Four Identical Feedscrews so they could be bored for special inserts. I have enjoyed the shorter work days but it was past 5:15 when I punched out.

Kathy was feeling a little queasy today so, using a Coupon I stopped at Wendy’s to pick up supper. As the ad says “Skip the dishes”.

Tomorrow should be more normal and I’ll try to catch up on my Blog reading. Nice Coat Nancy!

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

I’m continually trying to make choices that put me against my own comfort zone. As long as you’re uncomfortable it means you’re growing.

Ashton Kutcher Actor, Model and Producer.

No comments:

Post a Comment