It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Busy, Pause, Busy.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

After getting to work early this morning I would work past 7:30 moving Feedscrews around, bringing some closer to the OD Grinder, others to the Buffers and finally getting a few to where I could start welding on them. When those were finished I then had to start moving the TIG and Arc Welders to do repairs to the Units still mounted in the Lathes.

By the end of our morning break I was totally caught up so I had to find things that showed I was ready for another job. I replaced the badly scratched Lens in my Welding Shield but that was a little challenging when the Replacement Lens had to be shaved down because they were too large to fit my Shield. I did a thorough cleaning of the Carriage Gantry which was the first time since Alec left. I also tore apart the PTA Torch to be sure there were no plugged Feeder Tubes before the next job.

When lunch came around I was not happy to find that I had once again forgotten my Cell Phone at home which meant I could not call Kathy. Strangely as she was having her lunch she was wondering why I hadn’t called before spotting my Phone still plugged in across the room.

It seemed like everyone waited for the end of the day to need Touch-ups or Repairs. Even Mile the Owner was amazed how little clean up was needed on some of the welds I put down. Vinnie the Engineer was not happy when I showed him a Screw I needed to build up the edges of some Flights considering it was supposed to be shipped tomorrow. Then just as I was closing up for the day, a Rebuild Feedscrew was brought to the PTA. It will be done tomorrow and I punched out at 3:45.

I had Planned to go to the Gym after work but not before checking that Kathy was okay. Walking in the Apartment shortly after 4:00 put a smile on her face as she pointed to my Phone. After sitting down to get caught up my eyes closed for a while only to open when Kathy said supper was served. With the help of our Crock Pot she had cooked a Chicken that had been frozen at noon. Tonight it was Hot Chicken Sandwiches with more meals to come this week.

The 6 o’clock Local News showed we can expect a roller coaster ride with our Weather for the next week ranging from Freezing Sunny Days to the Warmer Cloudy Mixed Precipitation ones.

We’ll see what tomorrow brings.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Two snowmen are standing in a field. One says to the other, “Funny, I smell carrots too.”

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good day at work. I am glad to hear you've had some shorter days. Yes, roller coaster weather......here too.

    ReplyDelete