It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, January 16, 2023

Repairs, Moving and Nose Bleeds.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Being able to sleep that extra Hour in the morning made a difference on how I felt throughout my day. There was an increased amount of Traffic at that time, but it was worth it.

All industries experience slow periods at different times of the year and it seems that Winter is the slow time in the Feedscrew Industry. I spent the day TIG Welding touch ups on Five Units as they near their Shipping Date to the customer.

I mentioned before having been brought in to troubleshoot problems the Company was having. I spent the first months repairing Pinholes, Cracks, Undercuts and Operator Errors on the part of certain Machinists. Some slightly newer Feedscrews are now going through the refinement period, and even though there are a lot of repairs, there are far less then when I started.

Unfortunately, it seemed Alec had some of his procedures reversed and being Autistic what you learn by someone who is supposed to be a Welder becomes etched in your mind with no way of changing that. Even though others said changes had to be made he ignored them because they were not Welders. It was only after I worked with him for a while and suggested trying some changes, based on my Years of Welding that he started to change. Now many of the problems are Over Machining. The beauty of working with Metal is you can always replace what was mistakenly taken off.

I also moved a number of Feedscrews around the Plant while the Machinist went about their jobs. Even Mile the Owner has asked my opinion on a number of these repairs as I have done with him. When I pointed out a Transition Flight and gave him measurements of what it was and what it should be, he smiled before telling me to fix it, then shaking his head in the affirmative when I did. This is a new line of work for me.

When I briefly spoke with Kathy while on lunch, she was at the Trailer unpacking the Boxes we moved yesterday. Everything was going well until she started having a problem with Nose Bleeds. It seems to be a problem more at this time of year but she’ll also have our Family Doctor check it out. I’ll also set up our Humidifier to add moisture to the air in the Apartment.


For supper I made a
Stir-Fry using Broccoli, Carrots, Cauliflower, Cherry Tomatoes, Mushrooms, Onion, Peppers and Zucchini. Served on Tortillas it made the perfect Veggie Wrap.
Veggie Wrap with Date Square for dessert.

I’m back to Normal Hours tomorrow and looking forward to them.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Jessica goes to the post office to buy 50 stamps for her Chanukah cards. “What denomination?” asks the postal clerk. Jessica thinks a second before replying, “Give me six Orthodox, 12 Conservative and 32 Reform.”

2 comments:

  1. I really am a big fan of the stir fry vege wraps for me. That is some really good eating especially with my favorite BBQ sauce dribbled on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice that you have a job that is intellectually challenging and interesting and have the chance to make things better. A far cry from your previous one!! What a healthy cook you are.

    ReplyDelete