It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, January 2, 2023

Breathless Awakening and Shorter Workday.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

It’s bad enough when you can’t sleep due to aches and pains but throw in a Power Outage and that really wakes you up. For people that don’t have Sleep Apnea and have to sleep using a CPAP Machine that would make no sense, but when your life depends on a Machine that pumps air into you while you sleep it does. When the Power goes out you are left gasping for air that is guarantied to wake you up. All it really does is give you time to look out the Window at the total darkness in the nearby neighbourhood before the Power suddenly magically returns.

That seemed enough to make it feel like my empty pockets were filled with Lead this morning. It wasn’t until I looked at the Clock that I realized I was running Ten Minutes behind schedule. Taking my normal route there were Three Traffic Lights flashing Red in unison. Probably the affect of last night’s Power Outage.

Mile was all smiles this morning after enjoying time with his family. After the Sxxwstorm we endured just before Christmas, there was a brand new Toro Snowblower sitting inside the Shop.

Just before Christmas I’d had a problem with the Plasma Transfer Arc driving the Torch into the Feedscrew rather then running the weld as it should. With a different diameter Screw in the Machine this morning I first did a Successful Test Run before actually putting it to work. When I did that the PTA again tried to bury the Torch to which I used the length of my arm on the Voltage Knob, spinning it until the Torch held itself above the surface and began laying the bead it should. I managed to finish the final Mixer Flight minutes after lunch break began Five Hours later.

Speaking to Kathy while on break I learned she was putting away the Christmas Decorations but I’d have to do the Tree when I got home.

After covering the Feedscrew in the Sandbox and loading another in the PTA for tomorrow morning, I spent the rest of the afternoon doing touch-ups and repairs with the TIG Welder. I even manged to leave Fifteen Minutes after the shift ended. That is different.

I stopped at the Credit Union only to find they were closed in celebration of the New Year Holiday.

I used a Coupon and brought supper home from Wendy’s. Kathy was tired and appreciated not having to cook before we headed out the door.

Besides going to the Pioneer gas station to top off the Car. We also picked up some produce at the Zehr’s grocery store.

By the time we got everything put away we were both happy to sit for a few minutes.

Hopefully we’ll see more of these shorter work days.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

What is a physicist’s favourite food?



Fission chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment