It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, January 30, 2023

Changing His Mind and 139.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Work today was all about getting things ready to be shipped, so I was swamped with Touch-Ups.

Someone was telling me the other day that you never second guess what Mile says. After just getting a Feedscrew set on the Inspection Bench for me to weld, Mile wanted it removed so another could be put ahead of it. I stopped the move and hand gestured to Mile it would be done in Five Minutes. He nodded his approval and walked away. The person who had told me that was standing there stunned. I was done in Three Minutes and the other Feedscrew was done in Ten Minutes. Mile was happy. Through the years I have learned never to argue with someone in charge, but simply explain why you are doing things differently and they normally will agree.

Before I retired it was not uncommon for a Dozen Jobs to show up at the Bench at nearly the same time. They were all parts for Production Machines that would not run without them. I would mentally prioritize the Machines, then jump from one to the other getting them all finished in little time.

Later in the afternoon the Pain from my Hernia had me nearly fall over. Mile was concerned and asked if something was wrong. He didn’t know until I explained. He told me to use the Stool but since it weighs nearly Sixty Pounds (No Joke, It’s Homemade) I said there were too many spots on the Screws and I had to keep moving. The next time I lifted my Welding Shield the Stool was inches from me.

Moments after I walked in the Apartment I was busy taking a shower. In less then Thirty Minutes we headed out the door. Our first stop was Wendy’s where we used a Coupon to lessen the cost of supper. What was different about this was we ate before my appointment rather then after.

We arrived with Five Minutes to spare for my appointment at Canadian Blood Services. That was all the time I needed to schedule my next donation date and fill out my Q-Pass. Kathy sat in the reception area reading her book, now that the Covid Restrictions have been lifted. Besides I didn’t want her getting cold sitting out in the Car in case I would be delayed. It was minutes after 6:00 when after making my 139th Blood Donation we were headed for home.

We caught the second part of the 6 o’clock Local News. They were very insistent of reminding everyone just how Cold the temperatures will be tomorrow morning. I’ll definitely be wearing my Parka.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Sometimes the best way to learn something is by doing it wrong and looking at what you did.

Neil Gaiman, British Writer

No comments:

Post a Comment