It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, December 13, 2021

Slowing Down and Getting It Done.

Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

It felt nice going to work this morning with the temperature above the Freezing Mark. By the time I got my Tools set up I still had time to write my Daily Work Ledger catching up the weekend report. In the distance I could hear the Line Workers loading Parts but it didn’t sound normal. When I got near the Washer I realized they hadn’t started the Pumps nor the Line yet. Paul pointed out something else for me to add to my Periodic Servicing List. It’s simple enough and will save a lot of wear on the Drive-Line itself.

Kathy beat the Sun this morning.

During the week Ivan starts and ends his day later then I do so I had the chance to check how the Gaskets that were allowing water to drip from the Bolt Holes was doing. The water level was where it should be when the Washer is in operation but strangely the drip seemed to have slowed down.

I ordered a few more Gaskets from Windsor Factory Supply in anticipation that the Gaskets would have to be replaced. Milan was still waiting to hear from their distributor when he could expect the Back-Ordered Parts to arrive so he could send them our way.

After I passed that information on to Paul he inquired on the status of the Gate from the Rental Property. The Gate was ready the day we brought it to the Plant but then I was reminded we needed Latch Plates that will have to be mounted into the Brick Post. That was easy to make but there were no Fasteners available to mount them with.

I managed to repair few Carriers before going for lunch. Kathy went out for a walk at Walmart but kept it short because there were just too many people in the store for her liking.

I swung by the Washer and could barely believe my eyes. That there was less water dripping from the Flanges then earlier today. I did empty the small Stock Bin that we put in place yesterday so that I could tell how much it would drip in an Hour.

That’s when Paul asked if I was waiting for some Pipes because they were in Shipping and Receiving. I nearly ran to retrieve them but they were nowhere to be found. When I asked the Workers they said Paul had them move it to the Warehouse. I found them immediately but because of their lengths had to personally carry them back to the Compound. By the end of the shift there were only Six Foot Lengths ready to be drilled.

Before leaving I showed Ivan how little water was dripping from the Gaskets. With any luck it might seal itself off before the weekend. When I informed Paul about not having Fasteners to mount the Gate Latches he said to just pick them up and submit the bill.

Unfortunately I had to get home before 4:00 because I was expecting a call. When it didn’t happen by 4:15 I started calling. What I got were Computerized Systems that had me losing it. Finally after calling the same number Six Times I talked to a Human Being who gave me the number to my new agent. Since it was now past 4:30 I had to leave a message and hope to get a return call tomorrow. Due to people working from home James called me back in less then Ten Minutes. I got what I needed and now I just have to send in my information to clear this up.

For supper we shared a Southwestern Salad before having Personal Sized Shepard’s Pie for the main course. The Personal Sizes were perfect but there was very little Meat compared to most of these. For dessert we had slice of Fruit Cake.

The 6 o’clock Local News reported 621 Active Coronavirus Cases since the start of the weekend for the Windsor/Essex Region.

The Weather Network showed we had a high temperature today of 46 F (8 C) feeling like 43 F (6 C).

Since I came straight home we drove to The Home Depot where I found Fasteners that will do the job.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your dad says, "Let's hit the road for dinner," and then grabs a shovel.

1 comment:

  1. I'm just glad to be reading your blog. Most blogs are by people who are retired....not on a job. And I suspect that people who are working a job don't have the energy to write a blog. So yours is refreshing. thank you.

    ReplyDelete