It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Sealing Itself, More To Do and Changing Location.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

It felt good to not be rushing on my way to work this morning but the best part was the temperature was above the Freezing Mark.

While doing my Morning Walk Around I was quite happy to see that the leaking Gasket seems to be resolving itself with one end just barely dripping a drop every Five Minutes. We only have the Chemicals in the water to thank for that and we are not complaining. Even Paul gave a Thumbs-Up when he heard the news.

Figuring that since there was a Lite Rain when I arrived at work it would be wise to continue working on the Vertical Pipes for the weekend change over. I had deburred all the edges along with gluing on all the Fittings when Kharen arrived demanding I concentrate strictly on that job. It took some convincing with all the Pipes stacked in the Compound that he didn’t have to worry. Minutes later he returned to add cleaning the Manifolds out as part of the procedure.

Shortly after Paul showed up with Brian another person that works around the Investment Properties that Paul has. The Gate that I am working on is small compared to the one Brian has to install but there is a problem. That Gate was stored in the Garage that someone broke into on the Property. There were Two Large Gates, a Post and a short length of Fence made to support one of the Gates. Someone took that section of Fencing so now I have to create something to take its place.

Kharen started to freak out again but when I showed him his job was ready for installation he walked away giving me piece of mind.

When I called Kathy at lunch she was visiting with our friend Vera. The last time we saw her was this past summer.

I’d just finished painting the new Brackets for the smaller Gate when Paul came over. Bringing me out to Shipping and Receiving he had me take measurements of a friend’s Delivery Van that he often hires. The floor channels under the box are completely rotted out. It’s unbelievable it is still attached to the frame. Looks like he’ll owe Paul some favours for this one.

It felt good to leave on time at the end of the shift. Kathy and I talked a bit before I headed for the shower. By 4:30 we were on our way to Wendy’s Drive-Thru where we used a Coupon for our supper.

Twenty Minutes later we were on the Expressway headed for our appointment. We had to pass by the Devonshire Mall where they had Police directing the Holiday Shoppers. It was a good thing we were running ahead of schedule because we had to wait for Two separate Freight Trains to pass. We pulled in with Five Minutes to spare.

We waited outside Fantastic Sam’s while Julia finished with another customer. Sitting there relaxed I kept nodding off first while waiting for Kathy to go in then for it to be my turn. We were also informed that their Salon will be moving further North on Howard Avenue as of the new year. It will have more parking, nicer location, a better building and one where the parking lot is cleaned in the Winter.

I’m not sure what I’ll be doing at work tomorrow but Kathy and I will be busy.

The Weather Network showed we had a high temperature today of 54 F (12 C) feeling like 48 F (9 C).

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.

Omar Khayyam, Persian Philosopher and poet

1 comment:

  1. Kharen has quite an ego, doesn't he? Meanwhile Paul must think of you as Mr. Fix It All. Great that you can do it!

    ReplyDelete