It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, December 9, 2021

Highs and Lows.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Everything looked good on my Morning Walk Around Inspection so I busied myself repairing Carriers. When I returned from delivering them to the Paint-Line there was a package of Brass Valves on my Workbench. That added a little hope that this would be a good day until I did a closer look. I had ordered One and a Half Inch Valves and these were only One and a Quarter Inch Valves. Not in the mood to start changing miles of Steel Pipe I immediately called Milan at Windsor Factory Supply. He apologized for his mistake and promised to fix it. When I returned the Box to Shipping and Receiving there were more Fittings there waiting for me to pick up that helped boost my day.

When I got back to the Maintenance Compound Paul announced there was a problem with one of the Roll-Up Doors in the Shipping and Receiving. Strange that they didn’t mention it while I was there. When I checked it out it sounded like parts of the Mechanism were about to start shooting out any second. Reporting back to Paul he suggested we look at it together after break.

In the Compound Avry was just returning some Tools he had borrowed earlier. When asked what he and Kharen had been working on he said the Old Compressor upstairs. Then he said Kharen wanted me to change the Filters. I pointed to all the ones I had cut just yesterday with the intention to change them today. Within a Half Hour all Thirteen Bulk Filters had been replaced.

Wearing my Personal Safety Harness both Paul and I were in the Lifting Basket Twenty Feet up looking for anything that looked out of place and we found it. The Drive Sprocket had come loose and was pulling the Chain at an Angle. We got that fixed up quite easily but could not seem to get the Limiting Switch set properly. After Two Hours Paul said he’d call the Electrician that fixed it the last time.

When I spoke to Kathy at lunch she had just gotten home. She had an appointment at Staples to get our New Wallet and Passport Sized Vaccine Cards made and laminated. There was a long line of people waiting for the same thing.

When I got home I had to call the Credit Union. Like most Banks they have also been upgrading their Security System for On-Line Banking as well as Automatic Debit such as Life Insurance. Some of our Automatic Debit Transactions have been in place for Two Years. The Information they have been entering will not work after the New Year so I have to relay this information to those accounts so the process can continue.

After getting our Coronavirus Booster Vaccines yesterday Kathy had a hard time to sleep last night and when I woke up this morning my Arm was sore around the Injection Site. Throughout the day Kathy felt sick to her stomach and wasn’t sure she could keep her food down. For supper we had a Store Bought Thin Crust Vegetarian Pizza and it seemed to settle her nausea.

The 6 o’clock Local News reported 109 New Coronavirus Cases today for the Windsor/Essex Region. That’s the first time in over a Year that the area has had over a Hundred New Cases in One Day. They also noted a number of Coronavirus Deaths today and all were Unvaccinated.

The Weather Network showed we had a high temperature today of 36 F (2 C) feeling like 27 F (-3 C).

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your kids are going hungry tonight because you had to see your maw run her car at the dirt track race.

2 comments:

  1. Hope it was just a one day thing for Kathy after the booster. We don't see a need to get it for us. Using our judgement here when we enter stores as to how busy they are regarding masks. Everyone is different. Cool temperatures, stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do not know what the owner and his lousy supervisor did before you arrived at your current place of employment.

    I hope Kathy gets to feeling better. In the US they told us we should not get our vaccination cards laminated.

    ReplyDelete