It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Back To Fixing Things and Learn To Use Fiberglass.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

To say it was on the cool side going to work this morning would be an understatement. Luckily I’ve learned that starting the Truck Two Minutes earlier in the morning saves me a lot of time scraping the Frost off the Windows.

After doing my Morning Walk Around I went back to the Maintenance Compound where after cleaning off the Workbench from last night’s failed Pipe Sealing I started working on the Small Parts Carriers. These hold a Hundred Parts apiece unless the Clips become bent or damaged. On the first Carrier not only did I find damaged Clips but part of the Frame was actually broken.

Even Kharen spoke to me politely about trying to seal the Pipe again since production would be ending early today and he would help. I am still trying to figure out what he is up to.

I had barely sat down for my first break when both Kharen and Avry showed up. Realizing I have a later break he said when I was finished they needed me to Eel out one of the Drain Pipes on the Washer because it was causing the other Tanks to overflow on to the floor. It took longer to set up and pack up the Eel then to actually run it through breaking up a lot of Muck in the line.

I continued working on the Small Parts Carriers until my lunch. When I told Kathy that I would be late again her only concern was me staying Safe.

When the Washer was finally shut down for the day I immediately notified Kharen so we could get an early start and early end to our day. He had me prep the job but didn’t show up for an hour. He applied the Resin and Cloth to the Joint the same way I had but what he did different was to dab the Cloth into place using the Paintbrush that he used to apply the Resin. It was time consuming but it was a nice job. (I always give credit where credit is due.) He had leave to drive his Pregnant Wife someplace but would return. That left me do the second joint that hung over the edge of the Washer and had Multiple Fittings in it. Ivan who is Scared of Heights came up to give me a hand while I went about repeating what Kharen had just done. He was more scared of me working near the edge then I was. The fact that I did that kind of work for nearly Forty Years might have something to do with my attitude towards this simple job.

My mistake last night had been to use my Gloved Hand to shape the Fiberglass and had most of it stuck to me. That was quite a learning experience. True to his word Kharen did return and said I did a good job. It didn’t take long to pack up my Tools and to head for home.

The 6 o’clock Local News didn’t report any Coronavirus Numbers for the Windsor/Essex Region. They spoke about the Top Ten News Makers for 2021 in our area.

For supper Kathy made Pancakes topped with Mixed Berries and Cool Whip sprinkled with Cinnamon.

The Weather Network showed we had a high temperature of 27 F (-3 C) feeling like 14 F (-10 C) today.

One way or another I’ll be leaving work on time tomorrow.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Why was the big cat disqualified from the race?


Because it was a cheetah.

2 comments:

  1. Pancakes for supper -- I like that idea! Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must have been the night for pancakes. Ours had chocolate chips in them.

    ReplyDelete