It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, December 2, 2021

Becoming A Door Man.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

After my Morning Walk Around and repairing a few more Carriers this morning I was just about to prepare the new Manifold for the Reverse Osmosis Pumps when Tom from Shipping and Receiving came into the Compound. A Semi Driver had just exited through the Pedestrian Door closest to the Loading Docks and now it would not stay closed. Since I had clean Coveralls on I put on my Jacket and headed to see what was happening.

The reason the company doesn’t want anyone coming in that door is because it is within feet of the Number 4 Loading Dock. When a Forklift Driver exits the Trailers with their loads it would be easy to accidentally hit someone. Since there is a second Pedestrian Door not far away they have marked that as an Entrance and the one by the Dock as an Exit Only. If the Door is ajar Drivers could put themselves in harms way. Having been a Trades-Person for so many years you carry a small assortment of Tools in your pockets. Using my Screwdriver to adjust the Latch was all it took for the Door worked the way it should.

Yesterday before I left at the end of my shift I thought that I had forgotten to order a Fitting to complete the job. As I was about to fall asleep in bed last night the solution came to me. These new Union Valves not only eliminate the need to add a Union Fitting in the line but they come with both Glue-On and Threaded Ends. You can use one or the other or you can use one of each which is what I’ll be doing on that particular Valve. Everything is ready and there is only One piece of Piping to cut on Saturday after I have an Empty Water Tank to work with.

Back at the Compound a box of Parts had arrived from Windsor Factory Supply. As promised Milan had sent the Replacement Bolts marked No Charge. After verifying the contents I started cleaning the Reclaimed Valves that had soaked in Water the entire night. In less then a Half Hour I was able to totally clean the Paint Residue from Five of the Valves. Since each one is worth over a Hundred Dollars nobody is telling me not to do this.

Just as I was about to clean another Valve Tom from Shipping and Receiving walked in again. One of the Forklift Drivers swung his load too wide and struck the Wheel Tracks Rail for the Roll-Up Door. Now the Guide Wheels for the Door were completely out of the Track and the Wind was moving the Door like a piece of tissue. I checked it out and secured it down with a Two by Four. Knowing it would take time to fix I went for an early lunch.

Kathy understood the urgency in my voice when I shortened our normal lunchtime conversation. Not knowing how long this repair could take I suggested I might even be late because that Roll-Up Door had to be secured before I left for the day.

My pockets didn’t hold all the Tools I needed like the Bottle Jack, Pry Bar and a pair of Hammers. Two Hours later the Door actually rolled up and down but the bottom section of the Track even though straighter will need to be replaced.

Letting Paul know more will need to be done on all those Roll-Up Doors. I was about to leave the Office when Kharen wanted to know what I would be working on this weekend. Then he asked about the Vertical Piping that he miscounted. He didn’t like to hear the Schedule 80 Piping and Fittings were all on Back-Order. He was going to call them himself to try to speed up the process. Then he says I have to forget all the other projects and make certain all the Carriers are in top shape because the are affecting his Production Count. (In his dreams.) My job is to keep the entire Plant running and Carriers do not take Precedence.

I was so tired by the time I got home that Kathy left me staring at the ceiling with my eyes closed while she made supper. We shared an Acorn Squash as well as a Personal Sized Chicken Pot Pie With Broccoli. For dessert we shared a Pear and a piece of Fruit Cake topped off with a piping hot Coffee.

On the 6 o’clock Local News they report of 83 New Coronavirus Cases bringing the Active Cases to 585 for the Windsor/Essex Region. They also talked about Cases of the Omicron Variant already being detected in Canada and the US.

The Weather Network showed we had a high temperature today of 48 F (9 C) feeling like 41 F (5 C).

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You know you’re RV trash when you consider your Flying J card to be a campground membership.

No comments:

Post a Comment