It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Figuring Out What Went Wrong.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

As expected yesterday there was a good chance that the Flanges would need additional snugging this morning but that didn’t stop the dripping. The dripping was coming from not One but Two Joints that had mysteriously decided to not hold as it was supposed to. That happens with certain Glues for PCV Pipe that has sat on the shelf too long. Paul helped me to adjust the Valves so the Nozzles were doing their job at just the right force.

After the Morning Walk Around was finished I returned to the Compound where I completed the second Window Guard for the Rental Property. Just as I was cleaning it up Kharen the Supervisor came in telling me that I would need to create a Fiberglass Seal for the Leaks on the Section 9 Pump Line. Explaining I had never done it he said to just read the Instructions and it should workout. It surprised me that for a Tuesday he actually spoke to me in a calm Voice.

I finished the morning by ordering Parts from Windsor Factory Supply and Linde Welding Supply so we won’t be caught short on our projects. I also painted both the Window Guards before standing next to the Workbench to read the Instructions of how to apply a Fiberglass Patch twice.

When I spoke to Kathy at lunch she was again informed about my getting home late. Little did we know that it would be later then expected.

I got as much as I could ready even going to the extent of setting things up on top of the Washer while it was running. Unfortunately I had to wait until Production had stopped sending Parts through the Washer for the day before the Pumps would be shut down and I could start this repair. Looking closer at the Leak on top I was surprised to find not One but Two Leaks. Even after reading the Instructions twice something went wrong. I think it was seeing the Time that I tried to speed things up. In the end I ripped off the Cloth because it was not going on properly and just applied the Resin with Hardener directly to the Joints. Paul just said “Tomorrow is another day”. When things like that happen it makes me question myself about why it happen.

At home Kathy surprised me by having a Store Bought Medium Thin Crust Vegetarian Pizza for supper.

Minutes later while in the shower I started thinking about the Fiberglass Patch and what went wrong. I mentioned that I tried to rush because of the Time because there were now Three Leaks not Two. I started picturing the Instructions in my mind and there was what I did wrong. Like Paul said “Tomorrow is another day”.

The Weather Network showed we had a daytime high temperature of 37 F (3 C) feeling like 30 F (-1 C). Tomorrow we’ll be much colder since it will be the first full day of Winter.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Santa Claus refuses to let your kids sit on his lap.

No comments:

Post a Comment