It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, December 27, 2021

More Then He Figured.

Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

It felt strange as I left for work this morning that I had to avoid the water puddles in the parking lot but by the time I had loaded my Toolbox on my Utility Cart it was leaving tracks in the White Landscape.

Even though this was a Monday because it is considered the Christmas Shut Down our Plant we didn’t start working until 8:00 this morning. We’ll do the same the rest of the week.

Once I’d gotten my Coveralls on I started loading Tools that I thought would be needed for today’s Job. As soon as the Clock showed 8:00 I was headed to the far end of the Washer with my load. When Ivan joined me he asked if I had told Paul how long the job would take. Apparently Paul was saying we were going to replace One Hundred and Eighty Feet of Conveyor Beam in Three Days. Somehow he forgot there were only Two of us on the job and we had to remove all the Shielding before then replace it after. Having worked these kinds of change-overs before it could be done in Three Days if you were working Three Shifts with more people.

When I tried calling Kathy at lunch there was no answer but I knew where she was. She was visiting with our Good Friend Vera. She would later tell me how she visited for nearly Six Hours. I’m glad she did because being alone can be very disheartening.

Ivan and I managed to get the Shielding off only Sixty Feet of the Conveyor just today. Paul had noticed we had hardly stopped all day and apologized for thinking that just the Two of us could do that big a job in such a short period.

It was nearly 7:00 when I walked into the Apartment and since Kathy had not gotten anything out for supper it soon became a Store Bought Medium Thin Crust Vegetarian Pizza night. My shower water was going down the drain a Dark Gray.

We’ll see how much we accomplish tomorrow.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.


Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.


Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it, and then misapplying the wrong remedies.”

Groucho Marx, Comedian

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a huge working on that conveyer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully life gets easier as you work your way through all plant problems, just in time for you to be retiring again of course. Happy New Year to you and Cathy, wish all the best for you both.

    ReplyDelete