It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Left Stranded.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

After getting up Ten Minutes earlier then most days I was able to stop at the Gas Station to fill up the Two Diesel Jerry Cans for Paul. Even though it was a different route to work I only arrived Two Minutes later then normal.

Once the Morning Walk Around was completed I returned to where the Truck with the Snowplow was parked and proceeded to add the Diesel from the Cans. The reason for doing this is Paul only plans on using the Truck for cleaning the lot and it has no Valid License Sticker on it. As I’ve said before the Truck is in great shape but because it is registered to the business would require a full Safety and any necessary repairs for that validation.

Back at the Maintenance Compound I made a final adjustment to my Drilling Jig before starting to drill the Vertical Pipes that I cut yesterday. It worked perfectly. There wasn’t a single hole drilled that had any chipped edges because the Jig was keeping the Pipe down when the Drill Bit would pierce through. I had Hundred Holes drilled in less then an Hour.

It was around that time that Kharen showed up wanting to go install the Gate at the Rental Property. I had already packed a small Tote Bag of Tools to bring along but when we got there realized I would need more. As soon as it came time to install the Gate Kharen suddenly disappeared but the moment it was back on the Hinges he was there trying to hurry me along. Without the extra Tools nothing could be done.

Back at the Plant I suggested we grab lunch before returning and he obliged. Even though I hoped everything would go as planned Murphy has a way of showing up. I suspected so I let Kathy know I could be late.

Back at the Rental Property I had barely started when Kharen announced he was gong back to the Plant and I should call when I was finished. Things were going well but Murphy changed that when a piece of Metal was buried inside the Bricks. It shortened the life of one Bit and snapped another like a toothpick. I hadn’t brought extra Drill Bits so I went about replacing a Broken Window Pane and resealing a few others as well.

I called the Plant at 2:55 asking for Kharen to come and pick me up. The answer was Fifteen Minutes so I started measuring the Two Windows because Paul wanted to stop the Break-Ins. It will be easy to build.

I called Kathy at 3:50 to let her know I was definitely going to be late. I then called the Plant again to be told he was in a meeting. Just wait there and he’ll get to you. (I could have gone there by myself to begin with.) He finally showed up at 4:10 and all the way back to the Plant he made it sound like it was my fault for his delay. I didn’t punch out until 4:45 by the time I brought the Tools inside and packed mine away.

Not knowing what to cook for supper Kathy waited until I got home. We settled on a meal of Egg Rolls along with Nanaimo Bars and Yogurt Cups for our dessert.

The 6 o’clock Local News reported 597 Active Coronavirus Cases for the Windsor/Essex Region along with 3 Coronavirus related Deaths of which one was a young woman in her Twenties. They also verified that the Omicron Variant has been detected in our area.

The Weather Network showed we had a high temperature today of 45 F (7 C) feeling like 43 F (6 C). As the Winter Solstice approaches we will begin to see the Temperatures getting colder.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Ban pre-shredded cheese.

Make America grate again.

No comments:

Post a Comment