It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, December 23, 2021

Unexpected Bonus.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

After staying late the last Three Nights at work I struggled to motivate myself as I ate my breakfast. As if on Automatic Pilot I went through a routine that finally had me at the Plant. I recalled feeling that way sometimes before I first retired and that was over Twelve Years ago.

When the Pumps on the Washer came to life I headed over to check how badly the Fiberglass Patches were leaking. Even though Kharen had told me it would work a friend of Ivan’s that works with Fiberglass repairing Cars had told him how to do it and this was not it. Looking up the Patch I had done was dripping but far from what it had been doing yesterday. Bummer! Then I looked at the joint that Kharen had so meticulously done and it was dripping worse then it had yesterday. I suddenly felt a smile on my face under my Mask.

The rest of the day would be spent repairing a variety of Carriers in different stages of condition as my mind dwelled on a notice that had just been posted by the Time Clock. It notified the Employees that today was the end of production until the New Year and the only people working would be for Maintenance Purposes. I felt a sense of Jealousy since I am the only Certified Trades-Person in the Plant and Paul has referred to me as his Maintenance Man to many outside companies.

Even when I spoke to Kathy during my lunch I was resigned to working again tomorrow and possibly only having Christmas Day (Saturday) off.

I just kept plodding away repairing more Carriers when Flora from Shipping and Receiving came to drop off the remainder of the order I received yesterday. Asking if she was working tomorrow I got a negative response. (I felt worse.) Knowing that she spoke to Paul often I explained that I didn’t know what I was he wanted me to do. Ten Minutes later she returned with the news that I had the Next Three Days off. I felt that smile on my face under my Mask again. Then she handed me my Pay-Cheque along with a Bonus Cheque. I was told not everyone gets those. Now my legs got a little weak. All my hard work did not go unnoticed.

After stopping at the Motor City Community Credit Union I was home fairly quick. When Kathy saw the Bonus she was happy but when she learned I had the Next Three Days off she was dancing for joy. We’ve been missing one another’s company.

Not wanting the Mixed Berries we had yesterday on our Pancakes to go bad in the Fridge we again had Pancakes with them on top minus the Cool-Whip.

I was in the shower when the 6 o’clock Local News came on but they did not report any Coronavirus Numbers for the Windsor/Essex Region. Instead they spoke of how different countries have been finding unique ways to combat it by using different medications.

We had the chance to wish our daughter Rose a Happy Birthday today. Since the recent restrictions have been put back in place it’s hard not being able to just meet in person.

The Weather Network showed we had a high temperature of 34 F (1 C) feeling like 25 F (-4 C) when I came home today but would continue to rise through the evening bringing Rain with it. The forecast shows we will not be having a White Christmas.

Even though I have tomorrow off it will be a busy one.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

Martin Luther King, Jr. Social Activist and Baptist Minister

7 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, Kathy and Rick hope your day is
    is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Rick and Kathy. Enjoy every minute of your time off and being with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the bonus, it was well earned. I'm happy they acknowledge you or I'd a..... ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas! Enjoy your time together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas, Rick and Kathy. Congrats on the bonus but more importantly the time off!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the bonus! Always nice to realize your hard work has been noticed and appreciated.
    Merry Christmas to you and Kathy!
    Tom and Deb

    ReplyDelete