It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, December 17, 2021

Security Guarding, Health Unit and Wrong Parts Again.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

As the weekend with a big project draws near I was making certain everything would go off without a hitch. There were no new problems that showed themselves when I did my Morning Walk Around which helped ease the tension. There weren’t even any Carriers that needed my attention so each time I went to retrieve materials from the Warehouse I also took a load of sorted Fittings back to the Compressor Room. The shelves are showing progress instead of a state of confused parts.

The materials I referred to were for the Security Guarding that Paul wants on the Garage at the Rental Property. The first time I was there we found someone had broken a Window Pane then reached through and released the Latch to get inside. That was where the heavy Gate was stored that someone took a part that was needed for its mounting.

At break I verified with Windsor Factory Supply that the Parts ordered yesterday would arrive today. Most were already out for delivery but some would not arrive from their Leamington location until after 3:00 today. That would mean they would have to be picked up in order for the change over to take place tomorrow.

As I was finishing my call while in the Break Room/Locker Room a couple of the Line Workers quickly came in to get their Masks and Safety Glasses from their Lockers. One of the requirements the company asks is for the workers to be Vaccinated so most don’t always wear their Masks. Even though we’ve had our Boosters I still wear my Mask so that I don’t bring anything home to Kathy.

Last week a new worker who didn’t want to Work or get Vaccinated kept shutting down the Line on his second day to discuss his rights not to be Vaccinated. Causing lost production when he did it the third time he was shown the door.

As a way of getting back for his dismissal he called the Windsor Essex County Health Unit and said nobody was wearing Masks. There were Five Enforcement Officers that came in to check Twenty Employees. They were shown how Natural Ventilation from open Windows was bringing in Fresh Air. They surprised me when I lifted my Welding Shield to find I had an audience. I was wearing my Mask and Paul was telling them I’d already had my Booster. At that point they just told Paul due to the rising Cases to simply have the employees wear their Masks. They then left.

Tom from Shipping and Receiving delivered my Parts order from WFS. When I opened the box of Bolts I wanted to scream. Instead I took my Phone up to the Break Room and called. I had ordered Three Inch Hexagon Head Bolts but instead they sent me Three Inch Socket Head Bolts. Where they will be used these would not work and they are also shorter then what I needed. Since I had to pick up the other parts later the replacement Bolts would be there for me.

At lunch when I spoke to Kathy I explained the errand I needed to run. I also encouraged her to go for a walk since there was little Wind and no Rain. I spent the rest of the shift building the Security Guarding.

When I arrived at Windsor Factory Supply they had to find the Parts coming from Leamington. The other agent had created the Return Form for the Socket Head Bolts but Mark had to go collect the Hex Head Bolts for me. My Five Minute stop only took Twenty Minutes.

Since the Coronavirus began the Credit Union closes at 4:30 so I decided to go straight there. The Truck decided to go into Regeneration to clean the Diesel Particulate Filter. Lots of cars don’t like driving in my Thick White Cloud the Truck leaves behind. As soon as I’d deposited my Cheque I hit the Expressway to let it work.

I called Kathy that I was picking up supper. I then called the Michigan Diner while I collected our Mail at Guardian Storage. By doing so I only waited Five Minutes and our meal was delivered directly to the Truck.

This is half the dinner I ordered.

By ordering a single Four Piece Broasted Chicken Dinner we were both stuffed.

The 6 o’clock Local News reported 107 New for the Windsor/Essex Region. The province of Ontario reported 3,241 New Cases mostly the Omicron Variant of the Coronavirus. As I’ve written before I post the information given to me by the News Media.

The Weather Network showed we had a high temperature today of 41 F (5 C) with Flurries in the forecast.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You recycle enough Copenhagen lids to buy Christmas presents.

2 comments:

  1. Good news that the correct parts were local and not on the slow boat from China.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting story about the worker and inspectors.

    ReplyDelete