It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, December 19, 2021

Relaxing Sunday Of Chores and Errands.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

It felt wonderful to sleep in until 7:00 this morning but with so much to do I got busy. Getting up that early will also make it easier for me to fall back into the weekday routine as well.

After not washing my Coveralls because I was at work last Sunday I had Double Duty this week. When I reached the Laundry Room at 7:30 someone else already had their clothes going in the Dryers. Only putting Two Pair in each Washer helps to get the dirt out better. Once they were started I headed back to the Apartment.

Even though I hadn’t woke Kathy she was already up and making the Bed so I started making breakfast. It’s a treat when I can enjoy something that I have no time to make during the week. Keeping it to a comfortable level I made a Three Egg Bacon and Cheese Omelette that we shared along with Toast and Hot Coffee.

As soon as I was finished eating I returned to the Laundry Room where I shook up the Coveralls and ran them through a second wash. That serves Two Purposes. First it gets more dirt out of the cloth itself and second the extra agitation cleans the Washer.

While the Second Wash was taking place I was able to soak my feet in an Epson Salts Bath. Kathy even soaked her feet while I returned to the Laundry Room to move the Coveralls to the Dryers. When I returned to the Apartment I soaked my feet just a while longer before turning on my Computer.

It was just 10:30 when the Coveralls were all folded and back in the Apartment. I kept reading Blogs we follow until 12:30. Having worked late a few times this week put me so far behind that I didn’t comment on anyone’s Blog today but I did get caught up. Our Canadian Snowbird Friends that made it back to the Southwest are definitely making us jealous but it looks like our Canadian Government is going to cause problems for them when they return.

It was 1:00 when we arrived at the Arby’s Drive-Thru and used a Coupon for our lunch. You can tell we’ve been cutting back on what we eat because with the French Fries we both felt stuffed.

Our next stop was Dollarama where we crossed a number of things off our Shopping List along with things like Safety Glasses that were on my short List.

We then stopped at the Zehr’s grocery store where we got the Produce, Meats, Dairy and Frozen Foods that were not available at the dollar store.

While at Dollarama we had looked for certain Food Storage Items and only found one. Heading for home we stopped at a location closest to where we live. We also use the time to get our walking exercise in where it is comfortable. It was a surprise when we found our granddaughter Emma also shopping at that location. After a brief chat we were able to find what we wanted and were soon headed home.

It took nearly an Hour to get everything put away which left us with only minutes before the start of the 6 o’clock Local News. They reported the Ontario Coronavirus Numbers have spiked reaching over 3,500 New Cases for the day but didn’t give any numbers for the Windsor/Essex Region. Even though we were not eligible to get our Booster Vaccine until Six Months had passed after our second shot due to the uncertainty of the Omicron Variant anyone over the age of Eighteen can now get their Booster after only Three Months.

Even though the high temperature was at Midnight when we reached the Freezing Mark it would drop from there. The Weather Network showed we had a daytime high temperature of 28 F (-2 C) feeling like 23 F (-5 C) throughout most of the day.

We shared a Medium Store Bought Thin Crust Vegetarian Pizza for supper.

It will be interesting to see what tomorrow brings our way.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Change doesn’t come from staying in your safe space.

Piabal Gurung, Fashion Designer

3 comments:

  1. Very considerate of you to think about cleaning out the machine, that wouldn't occur to most people, I don't think. I realize it helps get more out too, but.... its just thoughtful to even think it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think the Canadian Gov is going to cause them the problem - they created the problem themselves by going this thinf isn't finished with us and there is too many that are not helping

    ReplyDelete
  3. A busy day off from work, but at least you got a foot soak in!

    ReplyDelete