It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, December 12, 2021

Not Our Usual Sunday.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

It was not where I wanted to be for a Sunday morning but after arriving at 7:21 I had just taken a sip of my Coffee when there was a tap on my window. It was Paul in his robe telling me the door was open. He even offered to carry some of my stuff in but with the Utility Cart I had it covered besides I didn’t want him catching a cold since it was still below the Freezing Mark.

I was already cleaning the Silicone off the Steel Flanges when Ivan arrived. For most jobs Silicone is a handy tool but because of the Detergent used to clean the parts it somehow causes streaking in the Paint. Setting Ivan up in the Compound he began cleaning the Silicone off the Plastic Flanges of the Balancing Tube.

One thing I learned long ago from a former Journeyman was that you learn something new every day of your life and it doesn’t have to be from a fellow Trades-Person. We had tried several methods of holding the Gaskets in place and were getting nowhere fast. We tried tying it with String. We tried Driftpins and Bolts with no luck. Then Ivan remembered me sliding the Flanges back while we cleaned them. Suddenly things were moving forward.

Paul was so appreciative of our willingness to get the job completed he called us in for Breakfast at 10:30. He served us Italian Sausage, Eggs Sunny Side Up, Toast, Sliced Tomatoes with Onion and Cheese along with Orange Juice to wash it down with. We talked of different things then Ivan brought up about making the Flange connect properly to the warped wall. Paul said that was easy. Simply use the Heat Gun and slowly snug the Bolts. It would reshape the Pipe to fit perfectly. (Why didn’t he tell us that yesterday?)

After getting everything snugged and the Pipe fitting perfectly we still ended the day with water dripping from the Bolt Holes. Paul having experienced that before said the Gasket was the cause of that. He explained how we can make a quick fix of it next weekend. (I thought that was supposed to be this weekend.) Now the Pipe has been reshaped to fit the opening it will be easier to do.

It was past 4:30 when I got home. Normally spending our Sundays together we hugged for a while having missed one another’s company. Since Kathy wasn’t sure when I’d be home she hadn’t made supper. Using Coupons we went to the Arby’s Drive Thru and had Greek Gyros for supper. We got caught up while we ate.

Kathy had gone to visit our daughter Karen in Tecumseh. They had a pleasant visit and Karen gifted us with a beautiful handmade Wreath that she personally made. (Thank You Karen, it looks wonderful on our door.)

After that Kathy went to the Zehr’s grocery store and picked up what was on her Shopping List. When she brought it from the Car to the building the Wind even though not as strong as the 115 KM (75 MPH) we had yesterday still nearly blew her over.

On our way back to the Apartment we stopped at Canadian Tire. Paul had asked me to purchase a couple of Diesel Fuel Cans but after paying for them I will look if I can find them at a lower price before using them.

Back at the Apartment I sorted Laundry before heading downstairs. We had extra loads going so I didn’t finish until 10:45. Good thing I started the Blog when I first put things in the Dryers.

The Weather Network showed we had a high temperature today of 45 F (7 C) feeling like 43 F (6 C).

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

A doctor says to a patient “I’m afraid you’re going to have to stop drinking.”

The patient asks, “Why?”

The doctor answers, “Because I’m trying to examine you.”

3 comments:

  1. The wreath is beautiful. Elva Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Paul actually knows how to do stuff. Well, that's a good thing in a boss. And of course, cooking a fine meal for a couple of guys helps a lot too.

    ReplyDelete