It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, November 18, 2021

Windy Day and Kharen Breakthrough.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Even though we have a preference for more moderate temperatures we know that it is only going to get much colder in the coming months. From the time I walked out of the building this morning the West Wind chilled me to the bone. Driving along Riverside there was no reflection of any lights on the Detroit River from the buildings in the US. When the River is calm it puts on quite the light show during those dark hours.

It was a worthwhile investment getting the Two Wheel Utility Cart. I am able to bring all my Tools and Belongings in one trip so when the weather is bad it won’t be felt so severely.

When I spoke to Paul about why their idea of restricting the Overflow on the Number 8 Tank would not work he mulled it over before saying we’ll try it anyways before doing anything else.

On the Morning Walk Around only the already noted problems showed up. Back at the Compound it didn’t take long to completely mount the Salter to the ATV. The only thing left is to repair the wiring.

Kharen was impressed with the change noting what I pointed out as the Third Mounting Point but he needed a quick job before Saturday. The Vertical Tubes in Section 4 have a tendency of plugging up mostly due to the Cleaning Agent and Recycled Water used. There are Twenty Tubes that will need to be replaced but looking at the changes I made on the Manifold Links they want to do that to these Tubes. This will allow them to be changed now, cleaned later then used again once the New Tubes start to plug up.

Since we had to order Fittings for this job I mentioned needing parts for other jobs so we went to those stations on the Paint-Line. A few adjustments were made to how wide open some Valves were cutting back on the Tanks overflowing. It was while doing that we found Two Six Inch Valves that were no longer responsive which means they’ll be replaced this weekend. We drew up a Parts List in a calm and professional manner before Kharen headed back to the Office.

While I gathered what few parts we had in stock Kharen returned saying to bring some Tools and we were going to Windsor Factory Supply. Working with Mark we made quite an extensive order while only leaving with a few pieces in hand.

During his Financial Recovery Paul had been buying Old Homes used to house students near the University of Windsor. Now the Housing Market in the area has Skyrocketed and with the upgrades he has made he is slowly selling them off.

One of those Homes had a Leaky Hose Bib outside that needed to be replaced with the new one we purchased at the Factory Supply. In the basement the Plumbing has only been partially upgraded so we ended up shutting the Main Feed. With the Cold Breeze and the fact that I was only wearing Coveralls as second layer I appreciated getting back in the warm truck when we were finished.

Surprisingly through our travels Kharen opened up about how his recent health issues has him worried. I also found out that he has a Twin Brother in India and that I am more then Three Times his Age. This might have been a Breakthrough because he was asking me questions and treated me the way he should for the remainder of the shift.

Back at the Plant I combined my first Break and Lunch together so I could warm up. After talking with Kathy briefly I added Bleeder Lines to the New Compressor upstairs. In the Compound Paul found me working on another Black Box for the Loading Docks so if a problem arises it will be a quick fix. He also complimented me on the Salter Mounting.

Needing to find a Six Inch Valve I checked out the Warehouse and managed to find one. When I reported that to Paul he then told me there was a New Valve on the shelf in the Office.

At the Apartment Kathy had been busy reorganizing the Storage Room. The Wind was blowing hard enough to vibrate the Balcony Railing. Not remembering if I had updated the Medication Spreadsheet the last time I did them I had to check the List against the Numbers marked on the different bottles. After it was updated there is only One Vitamin that will have to be purchased before the weekend.

For supper we each had a Personal Sized Chicken Pot Pie along with a couple of slices of Breaded Celery Root. For dessert Kathy finished off the last Brownie while I finished off the last slice of Cherry Pie with Coffee to wash it all down.

The 6 o’clock Local News reported 66 New Coronavirus Cases bring the Active Cases to 326 for the Windsor/Essex Region.

The Weather Network showed our high temperature today of 41 F (5 C) actually felt like 32 F (0 C) because of the Wind.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

What time did the woman go to the dentist?


Tooth hurt-y.

4 comments:

  1. It seems to me none of the folks at your jobsite really knew how to maintain a unit at all. Congratulations on lasting this long, I do not think I would have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a person who has suffered with pancreatitis on occasion, I would suspect K.has been feeling quite ill for some time. Could that have been part of his attitude "problem"?
    It never ceases to amaze me at how many issues you are always correcting in that place. How did they function before you showed up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure there is a lesson here, for all of us,in how we view each other. Can't explain it in a short comment, so will leave it at that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have done some good work here, and I don't mean only in the physical construction/maintenance aspect. But in regard to human beings as well.

    ReplyDelete