It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, November 12, 2021

Accomplishments, Kharen’s Back and Costing More.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

It was strangely quiet when I walked into the Plant this morning. There was only One Forklift moving stock towards the Paint-Line and it wasn’t Paul driving. When I went into the Office to get the Compound Key Paul’s room was in darkness which meant he wasn’t up. Even when the Line started Paul was not there giving out Gloves and making certain things were running smoothly.

After completing my Morning Walk Around and finding nothing to worry about I hauled the Pipes that were removed yesterday to the Mezzanine Gate so they can be brought to the Compressor Room on the weekend.

Back at the Maintenance Compound I gathered the Tools needed before returning upstairs. Once there I went about removing all the Hangers that had supported the Gas Pipe. That made it so much easier for me to measure the lengths of Ready-Rod I’d need to cut in order to finally complete the Pipe Install to the Compressor and Air Dryer.

Back at the Compound there was a Carrier by the Workbench that had gotten twisted. With the help from the Vise it took less then a Minute to fix it up. Avry could not believe that it was the damaged Carrier.

Yesterday when I went to Windsor Factory Supply for my parts I had brought a Pipe Clevis with me to show what I was referring to. I also specified the Two Sizes that would be needed. Instead the person making out the order must have thought that I had made a mistake asking for a Clevis for a Two Inch Pipe and gave me the same size (Inch and a Half) because that was the size I had brought. I spent Twenty Minutes today making one by hand but it worked. Once the Pipes were secured I made a Hanger that will support the Exhaust Duct when put in place.

When I spoke to Kathy after 1:00 the Wind had picked up making it feel cold outside. Mary from Healthy Heals had just left so even though her feet were sore at the moment they would feel better later. I also noticed Kharen arrived walking around. He wasn’t supposed to return to work until next week but since Paul was ill he came back early.

I was prepping a Burner Washer for tomorrow when Ivan came in to tell me there was Smoke coming from on of the Pump Motors. It was the Number Eight Pump and smoke was pouring from the Fan Cover. Since the installation of the New Number Nine Tank there is very little clearance which restricts Air Circulation and being so close to the floor makes it easy for dirt to clog the vents. Number Seven and Eight Washer Manifolds are the ones we Linked together so even shutting down that Pump the operation will continue unchanged.

Suddenly at 2:00 the non-working Fluorescent Bulbs that Paul said to leave be became an issue for Kharen so I was going around replacing them all.

At 3:10 Kharen brings a Two Inch Hose Quick-Connect that had a broken Cam-Lock asking me to weld it. The entire thing was made of Brass which meant taking it all apart. It would be easier for me to duplicate it out of Steel Square Stock. I was going to make it in the morning but Kharen insisted they needed it tonight. After taking it apart Kharen watched in disbelief as I used the Oxy-Acetylene Torch to heat the Metal then reshape it on the Anvil. Cleaning on the Grinder and then drilling a Hole it was finished in a Half Hour and it worked great. I punched out at 4:00.

Last minute jobs are not an issue unless they happen on Payday. Luckily there is a branch of Motor City Community Credit Union not far away. They locked the doors as I was leaving.

By the time I got in the Apartment Kathy was already getting supper ready. We were having Leftovers and I was looking forward to it. Kathy always recreates or adjusts the Leftovers so you think it’s a fresh dish each time. We had Leftover Pepper Steak on a Fresh Bed of Rice and Leftover Pineapple for our dessert.

The Weather Network showed our high temperature today felt like 52 F (11 C) with a risk of Mixed Precipitation later this evening we thought it wise to get an early start on tonight’s errands.

We headed to Fabricland for Kathy to find some Buttons. While inside I inquired about material for patching Coveralls that are exposed to Burns, sharp material Snags and Tears. That cost nearly as much a the Coveralls.

Next we stopped at Green Shield so Kathy could drop off her Claim Form from Mary’s visit today.

We continued to the new Princess Auto location. I had a list of things that were On-Sale. Normally those items are easy to find but today we had to walk all over the store today. Since my Toolbox is getting quite heavy it’s becoming a challenge to bring it into the Plant and back to the Truck every day so I also looked for a Cart to make that easier. The smallest Cart they had was good for a Thousand Pounds so I passed.

Heading to Canadian Tire I ended up finding a Two Wheel Cart that folds up for easy storage and can haul Two Hundred Pounds. That will make things easier for me.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

I have a degree in Liberal Arts.

Would you like fries with that?

1 comment:

  1. You are one good trouble shooter! I admire that the ability in people where can figure out what is wrong with something like that....

    ReplyDelete