It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Accomplishments, More To Do, Delays and Nice Visit.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

I made certain to bring my Hoodie into the Apartment last night so it was nice and toasty to put on before leaving for work this morning. I never took it off until getting home this afternoon.

With the newly assigned job yesterday of modifying and installing the Duct Work on the New Compressor I didn’t even bother doing the Morning Walk Around. Everything had been running well for the last few days so I gathered all the Tools thought to be necessary and was heading for the Mezzanine when Avry waved me over. The latches on one of the Washer Doors had both suddenly fallen off and Water was spraying out. Since there was no plans on stopping the Pumps there was no way for me to safely make the repair. Jamming the Door as tight as possible that will be added to the Weekend Repair List.

I finally made it upstairs and spent the next Two Hours getting the Elbow mounted on the Compressor Unit then taking measurements so the connecting Ducts can be ordered from a local manufacturer. Guess who’ll have to install it. It was good that Me, Myself and I worked together to make it all happen.

I had my hands full on the first trip with all the Tools so I was returning with the Caulking Gun to seal the joints when Kharen started yelling for me to follow him. He led me to the Washer Door that the latches had broken off telling me we’ll have to fix it on the weekend. My response was I already knew. I jammed the Door shut and he just wasted the time and energy I could have used on the Duct Work. He had a blank look on his face as I walked away. I never saw him the rest of the day.

While I was on my break I started drawing up the 3-D Sketch of the sections of Duct we’ll need to complete the project. It’s been a few years since I’ve done one so we’ll just say the second attempt was much better.

Paul stopped by asking me to check the Conveyor that is part of the Paint-Line. There are a couple of spots that are worn and cause the Carriers to hop enough that some of the parts being painted fall off. We then walked around the Warehouse where there were parts from a Second Paint-Line that had been disassembled. It won’t be a problem to cut those parts and graft them into the existing line. That was the type of work I did before retiring from Ford Motor Company.

I left exactly a 3:30 but with all the Rush-Hour Traffic, Traffic Lights and School Buses it was nearly 4:00 by the time I walked into the Apartment. I finally took the Hoodie off along with my Work-Boots then put on Running Shoes and Coat to head back out the door.

Kathy had another Dental Appointment for 4:30 in Amherstburg. Every Traffic Light we approached turn Red along with School Buses stopping and Emergency Vehicles everything that could slow us down did. I followed the flow of traffic which wasn’t quite the Speed Limit but we made good time. Using the Cell Phone Kathy called the Dental Office about our delay so they were able to take someone else in early. It was 4:38 when we arrived.

It was nearly 5:00 when we went to the Amherstburg Wendy’s Drive-Thru to order supper. We skipped the Frosty tonight but knew what lay ahead for us.

Some Fall Colours.

We drove to our son Kevin and daughter-in-law Melissa’s house for a visit. As per usual Melissa brought out some snacks to enjoy. She is still working from Home and hopes they allow her to continue doing so. She says she accomplishes more because there are fewer distractions then when she worked in the Office itself.

The last time we were there I had picked up some of my Tools to bring to work. Kevin had seen a Large Pair of Pliers I had and suggested taking them. I didn’t take them and Two Days later regretted not doing so.

We always enjoy our visits with them because they think the way we do. All to soon our visit was over and it was time for us to leave. It took longer getting home in Windsor then it took to reach Amherstburg.

The Weather Network showed that our high temperature today only felt like 41 F (5 C). Overnight we’ll see temperatures below the Freezing Mark in our area. I’ll be wearing my Hoodie again.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You think those yellow traffic signs that say "Slow children at play" means the kids in the area are not too bright.

3 comments:

  1. By the sounds of it I guess you'll never run out of work at that company fixing this and that in addition to the welding jobs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Marlene said, you are one busy maintenance guy, even though Kharam doesn't appreciate your skills and knowledge. Re traffic, I live in one of the communities east of Toronto and even though it doesn't have T.O. traffic, with the growth of the town, the traffic has grown also. I've had to start adding an extra 5 to 10 min. if I'm to be at an apptmt on time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just realized it's nice reading a blog by someone who has a job!! Ha. Hard for you...but it is interesting. Most photoblogs are by retired people. All the young ones have gone to instagram.
    And yours is really interesting because you KNOW what you're doing. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete