It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Modifications and Cover Up.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

When I talked to Paul before the start of the shift this morning he was again feeling under the weather. The fact that he spends most of his time in the Plant itself does not help but with all the Break-Ins he is practically scared to leave the place unattended. Flora passed out the Gloves this morning and the Paint-Line started churning as if Paul himself were there to guide it.

After doing my Morning Walk Around I returned to getting the Salter in running shape. Whoever used it last allowed for Salt to sit and harden inside the unit making it impossible for the controls to function or the Spreader Motor to even rotate. When Power was applied nothing happened then I spotted a hidden Mini Fuse Holder. With no Fuses available the only thing that could be done was to create a temporary jumper. This time the Spreader Motor turned like it was supposed to. I even spray painted all the metal components to add some years back to its life.

Kharen came to the Compound with the request for this weekend to look at the Number 8 Water Tank. (Who is this person and where is that miserable person that looked like this person?) He and Paul decided it might be wise to add a Valve to the Overflow Line in the Tank. Since Paul had me Link the Number 7 and 8 Manifolds together a lot more water ends up in the Number 8 Tank then drains off while the Number 7 Tank has to continually add more water. They hope by shutting the Overflow it will solve the problem but as I type this I know that it won’t but know what will.

Kharen later had me working with the Service Technician from the company that produced our new Compressor Unit. He had to make certain the rotation on the Motor was correct along with all the Piping that I had installed to say it was properly installed so it is covered under the Warranty. While he switched the rotation to the way it should be it gave me a chance to learn things I would need for servicing the unit.

Back at the Compound I installed the Salter on the ATV. Even though it mounted quite easily I found a flaw in my design. It was now solid from side to side movement but it still rocked back and forth. That’s when I noticed a Third Bracket under the lip of the bin. This had been made to use with a Three Point Hitch on a Tractor. I also noticed that it only had Six Inches of clearance to the ground.

After removing the Bracket I lit the Oxy-Acetylene Torch and cut it up. With a little clean up and the Salter sitting on the floor I started clamping things together. After a few quick tacks I noticed it was lunch time.

Kathy stayed home because of all the Clouds filling the sky but I was comfortable sitting outside at the Picnic Table. It was warmer then most days over the last couple of weeks.

Back inside I welded the Third Salter Bracket and even painted it before the end of the shift. My Utility Cart makes it so much easier to carry my Toolbox between the Truck and the Plant.

When I arrived at the Apartment Kathy immediately started making supper. Last night when I put the new Bicycle Cover on our Tandem Bike I noticed I had not put on our Air Conditioner Cover to keep the cold air out this winter. Even with mild temperatures I had to bundle up against the cold breeze while installing the Cover for the Winter.

Tonight was one of those quick cook meals that we like to experiment with. We had Fettuccine Alfredo. It was the perfect portion size and it tasted the way we have made it ourselves. We also had a slice of Cherry Pie for dessert.

That warm shower felt refreshing before I started my next chore. Since Kathy had changed the bedding and towels our Laundry Hamper was beyond full so there was only one thing to do. Normally I do this on a weekend but surprisingly there was no one else in the Laundry Room today. Once I started the Washers I headed back to the Apartment where I started washing my Coveralls that I brought home on Saturday.

The 6 o’clock Local News reported 49 New Coronavirus Cases bring the Active Cases to 309 for the Windsor/Essex Region.

The Weather Network showed our high temperature today of 63 F (17 C) actually felt like 61 F (16 C) with temperatures starting to dip below the Freezing Mark during the overnights.

I was able to finish folding the last of the laundry and be back in the Apartment by 8:30.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming.

David Bowie, Singer

1 comment:

  1. Your job as a maintenance technician sure is interesting as new problems keep popping up in the plant that need fixing. Management must be so happy to have you with all your experience and knowledge.

    ReplyDelete