It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, November 5, 2021

Authorized and Making Adjustments.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

I was dragging when I got out of bed this morning after not getting my normal amount of sleep on a working day. (Reminds me of my kids on school days.) I think it was more of a mental drain of having to be On-Line and on the Phone at the same time that was so draining.

This morning I managed to do my Walking Inspection of the Paint-Line and everything behind the scenes that most of the Line Workers don’t even know exist. Seeing Paul the Owner I gave him a Heads Up on what tomorrow’s Maintenance Projects would be before asking if he knew whether or not Kharen the Supervisor had in fact ordered the parts we needed. He reminded me that he had told his contact at Windsor Factory Supply that I was his Maintenance Man and would be ordering parts when I need them. (I had thought he was just pulling my leg.) he then said I should just order the parts I needed and if by chance Kharen had ordered them we’d have them in stock for the next job.

It was just after 8:00 when I finally took Paul’s advice and called his contact. First I introduced myself then reminded him of what Paul had told him and why. After placing the order I asked if Kharen had possibly already done so. I was shocked when he told me that Kharen had not placed any orders with them since early June. I was then told that we had to pick the parts up because after 11:00 they would be closed for Inventory Counting. Since those were crucial to Saturday’s job after informing Paul I was soon on my way to pick the Fittings up.

I like to follow up on jobs I do. The Lunchroom Water Cooler I only knew that it worked electrically but not if it leaked. Imagine my surprise to find water around its base. Further examination showed water dripping from the Trap. I had to take it apart then reconnect it to stop the leak. When I checked at the end of the shift the floor was very dry.

I had re-examined the large Duct Elbow this morning that I had installed on the Compressor Unit the other day. With it being so close to Pipes that could not be moved I considered moving the Elbow. After climbing on the Unit and doing a lot more measuring I knew it would work.

I then gathered all the Parts and Tools that will be used tomorrow before making a Tool collection for today. I then took an early lunch break even surprising Kathy with the early call.

Telling Ivan where I was going in less then Two Hours I had unfastened the Elbow, moved it by a Foot, remounted it to the top of the Compressor then sealed all the joints with Silicone to prevent any pressure loss. By increasing the length of the Duct it will have a more gradual drop to the Discharge Vent in the outer wall and less complicated to create.

By the time I put all those Tools away it was time for me to put my own in the Truck and get washed up to leave.

After a quick stop at Motor City Community Credit Union I needed to stop at Pioneer gas station to fill up the Truck with Diesel. This is the highest I ever recall paying.

After getting home and relaxing for a few minutes I loaded a few things in the Car for Kathy as well as dealing with the Recycling because the downstairs Bins had just been emptied today. One thing that upsets me as well as the building Management is that since the Coronavirus started more people have been shopping On-Line. The method of delivery is normally in large boxes that some people do not break them down and simple close the flaps before putting them in the bins downstairs. Those bins fill up fast enough but seriously.

For supper we had a Store Bought Thin Crust Bacon and Vegetable Pizza. It was really tasty.

The 6 o’clock Local News reported 36 New Coronavirus Cases bringing the Active Cases to 193 in the Windsor/Essex Region.

The Weather Network again showed that our high temperature today only felt like 46 F (7 C) with more Freezing Temperatures tonight.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

No winter lasts forever, no spring skips its turn.

Hal Borland, Author and Naturalist.

No comments:

Post a Comment