It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, November 15, 2021

Quick Fixes.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

When Ivan and I left the Plant on Saturday we had barely accomplished what we had been asked to do. With all the unexpected Glitches that happen we did not get the chance to check how the Pump would actually work. When Paul and I checked it out this morning the noise coming from the Motor was not good. When I repeated to Paul what I said on Friday he got very upset. I had told him that the only reason the Impeller had melted was the Bearing had seized. Then I had him touch how Hot the Motor had gotten after only running for Five Minutes. He had me start pulling it apart while the Paint-Line ran behind me. Always fun putting on a show for the Line-Workers.

After removing the Impeller I removed the Rear Housing Cover to expose the Bearing. It would not turn even gripping it with Pliers. Using a Puller it was soon in Paul’s hands. We searched the Compound only to find we didn’t have that particular sized Bearing in stock. While I continued cleaning the Cover Paul headed off to the local Bearing Company. By 10:00 the Pump was running only making the humming sound that good Motors do.

After having a short break I had to measure the Spare Pump Assembly that we had borrowed the Impeller from on Saturday. Using my Vernier Caliper Paul was impressed with how serious I was to be accurate.

Avry came to the Compound with the Quick Connect that I had made a Cam Arm for. He said it wasn’t locking properly so I disassembled it using the Original Arm as a template to change the contour of the one I had forged. I tried it on a connection and found it to be solid.

I had already precut the Bulk Filter Material last week so I headed around changing those Filters. It is amazing how fast they get dirty.

Kathy's lunch, Cheddar melted on Cauliflower.

After speaking with Kathy while on my lunch I headed upstairs on the Mezzanine to seal Air Leaks on the Oven Burners using a special High Temperature Silicone. I had barely gotten one side complete when a Line Worker came looking for me. Kharen needed me right away.

Even though the Cam I had forged was working well they (Who is they?) decided it would be better to replace the Quick Connect with a new one on the Fitting. It seems that I have been doing a better job fixing the Plumbing Issues that Kharen was told to bring it to me.

I have no problems with someone watching me work and answering their questions. I also have no problem correcting someone when they say something is Plastic but the scratch marks indicate Metal.

When it was the end of the shift I tried to use the Pack-N-Roll Utility Cart that I purchased last week to carry my Toolbox that weighs around a Hundred Pounds. The Cart was advertised to be able to hold Two Hundred Pounds but it felt like it was about to snap. Again I hand loaded the Truck.

Arriving at the Apartment I explained to Kathy that I thought the Cart would not work and I wanted to return it.

This Cart folded to a compact size.

We headed to Canadian Tire where I got a refund for the Fold Up Cart then purchased a Utility Cart that could handle Six Hundred Pounds for less then the Fold Up.

Back at the Apartment while I assembled the Utility Cart Kathy was busy making supper. We had Caesars Salad, along with the last of the Pepper Steak on Rice with Cheddar Cheese followed by a Chocolate filled Croissant for dessert.

New Utility Cart.

The Weather Network showed our high temperature today of 41 F (5 C) only felt like 32 F (0 C). It will dip below the Freezing Mark overnight.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You keep your teeth and your goldfish in the same glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment