It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Nearly A Good Tuesday.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

It felt good walking into the Plant this morning and seeing only dry floors unlike yesterday’s unexpected attempt to copy Water World but there was another issue. Overnight our local temperatures dropped to just above the Freezing Mark and a building such as this would take time to warm up. I had brought a Hoodie in from the Truck that also took time to warm up using my own body heat.

After my Morning Walk Around there were a couple of Carriers that I was working on when Paul the Owner stopped by. He agreed with waiting for the weekend to repair the Reverse Osmosis Leak so the Glue would properly cure. I showed him where the Valve for the Lunchroom Water Cooler was located under the ceiling and suggested adding another directly behind it. He said I had been added to the list of Authorized Personal at Windsor Factory Supply so if I felt it necessary to just order it on behalf of the Company. I thanked him for the honour but guaranteed him that everything would be run by him first.

Paul could not have been gone Five Minutes when Kharen the Supervisor showed up in one of his Panic Modes. (I figure Paul had just talked with him.) He wanted to see the 1-1/4” Fittings I was going to use to repair the Leak. Even thought he saw it yesterday and I tried to remind him today that it was a 1-1/2” Fitting he would not believe me. When I suggested we go upstairs so I could prove to him what size the Fitting was we were dealing with he changed the subject. (I then remembered that this was Tuesday.)

We went upstairs on the Mezzanine floor to the Compressor and Air Dryer that I had just finished plumbing in last week. There was still some Duct Work that needed to be made to exhaust the heat the Compressor would create. As Kharen explained this to me he seemed to be calming down and making more sense. There were Two Pieces of Ducting that I would have to adapt then we would order the larger trunk to connect the Elbow on the Compressor to the Wall Discharge.

I completed the Carriers before returning to make measurements. When Kharen is in one of his moods there is no way I can think clearly and start measuring. The discharge on the roof of the Compressor and the Elbow were different sizes so I would have to make Fill-Ins to make it all match. I went out to the Warehouse and collected the Last Two Pieces of Sheet Metal a former welder had bent for another project. Back at the Compound they were sheared in strips and cut to lengths. Back to the Warehouse I used the Hand Break to create rigid Panels for the Duct Work. Gathering Tools, Screws and Pop-Rivets I had everything upstairs before the start of my lunch.

I ate inside before going out to the Picnic Table to talk with Kathy. She’d only opened the Balcony Door for a few seconds before closing it today and watched people down on the Ganatchio Trail wearing Winter Coats. I was start to get cold so we cut our conversation short.

Upstairs on the Mezzanine I managed to pop-rivet the Panels to the Sheet Metal Elbow before 3:00. Not wanting things to disappear I hauled all the Tools back to the Maintenance Compound just on time for the start of my final break that I use to clean up and load my Tools in the Truck.

It felt good to be home. For some reason both Kathy and I were extremely tired. We settled for a Store Bought Thin Crust Pizza with Bacon and Kale on it for supper.

The 6 o’clock Local News reported 10 New Coronavirus Cases that brought the Active Cases to 178 in the Windsor/Essex Region.

The Weather Network showed that our high temperature today the cool West Wind only felt like 39 F (4 C). Overnight we’ll see Freezing Temperatures in our area.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You know your getting old when Everything hurts,

and what doesn't hurt doesn't work.

1 comment:

  1. Paul the owner seems to be a caring person but Kharen is something else...I would hate to work for someone like him. Kudos to you for your composure around this individual.

    ReplyDelete