It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Making It Work.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

With the use of my new Utility-Cart I was able to bring all my belongings into the Plant in a single trip this morning and took away the worry of whether or not I’d make it without dropping my Toolbox.

One of the first things I checked on my Morning Walk Around was the Number 8 Pump that I rebuilt on the Line yesterday. It was nice to hear it running smoothly the way most of them sound. When I finished that up I was getting ready to return to the Mezzanine to continue sealing the Oven Heaters when Paul stopped by. He said he wanted me to work on the Salter we had discussed before but first I should check on the Number 8 Pump because it sounded like the Fan was hitting the Cover. It was running perfectly not Twenty Minutes before but sure enough it was making contact when I returned. The fix was adjusting the Cover Screws to solve the problem.

The Salter Paul was talking about was mounted on an ATV parked out in the Warehouse and he had told me to work on it in the Compound. The Battery of course was dead so there was only one thing I could do and that was to push it all the way back. Anyone that knows about ATVs know they are easy to move in a straight line but as soon as you turn it feels like you are putting the Brakes on. Also wearing a Mask left me slightly winded by the time I backed it through the Compound gate.

Whoever had originally set this up used a Ball Hitch to carry the load along with Two Chains and Two Load Straps to hold it in place but every time they turned the load would shift against the ATV. After removing the Salter it was a slow start making one modification at a time. In the end the Receiver for the Salter is now bolted to the Upper and Lower Frame so it will no longer be moving around in the wrong direction.

I saw Kharen looking at me from near the Paint-Line but he never came over to talk with me which is surprising since this was Tuesday the day of the week he always screamed at me. I didn’t mind that he didn’t. Paul was happy with the results so now I just have to get the Salter working.

Kathy went for a walk around Walmart this afternoon and in the process found what we would be having for supper. We had Chicken for our meal along with a slice of Cherry Pie for our dessert.

The 6 o’clock Local News reported 17 New Coronavirus Cases bring the Active Cases to 280 for the Windsor/Essex Region.

The Weather Network showed our high temperature today of 41 F (5 C) actually felt like itself and will stay above the Freezing Mark tonight. Tomorrow will be above seasonal as for the temperature but will be mostly a Rain filled day.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You know your getting old when you sink your teeth into a steak and they stay there.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you and Kathy are doing well and you are enjoying your job. Take care.

    ReplyDelete