It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, November 1, 2021

No Rain But Water Everywhere and Good To Be Home.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

It was a good thing that it wasn’t Raining in our area this morning but there was still plenty of Water lying on the floor in the Plant. When I walked in the door the entire floor was dry and seeing the smile on Paul’s face meant a lot. As soon as the Pumps on the Washer were started we had problems.

On Saturday I had replaced a couple of Valves that were constantly leaking on the floor. During the reconnecting process the final fitting to tighten was a Union. Using a Three Foot Pipe Wrench most would surely think when the Union no longer turns it would be tight. Opening the Valve, Water was squirting everywhere. Getting the Four Foot Pipe Wrench I was surprised when the Union again would not turn. Repositioning the Wrench I actually lifted myself off the floor then jerked my weight down on it before the Union started turning. When it felt tight this time there was no Water leaking. I turned to see Paul give me a Thumbs-Up.

While I was fixing that another Puddle was developing by the Number One Pump. Water was spraying out the Washer entrance. Luckily Paul recognized what was happening and immediately shut a Valve that was used for cleaning the Drive Chain when no Painting is taking place. Someone had opened it by accident.

With all the excitement of Water flying all over the Temporary Line Leader forgot that he was filling the Number Eight Tank and it was gushing out the cover. Another lake was forming.

After finally completing my Morning Walk Around I noticed some of the Line Workers struggling to work while avoiding all that Water. I manned the Large Shop Vacuum and started cleaning the mess. As things would clear in one spot I would move further down the Line.

That’s when Kharen the Supervisor showed up. He actually thanked me for cleaning the Water but had another job for me. We headed upstairs to the Reverse Osmosis Pump. There are Seven Lines that run through the System and one was spraying Water all around the room. Shutting the System for a short while I used the old trick of wrapping Cardboard with Duct Tape around the Leak. There was still water leaking but it was more like a steady drip rather then walking through a Car-Wash.

I searched the Maintenance Compound, the Compressor Room, the Mezzanine and even the Warehouse only finding a piece here and there. Most times I was finding pieces for the same part made by Two Different Manufacturers which means they don’t work together.

I stopped for my 1:00 lunch and sat at the Picnic Table outside. Luckily the building was blocking the Wind but it was quite cool outside. Speaking to Kathy she had no problems getting to her Dental Appointment in Amherstburg though she said her mouth felt strange.

Back inside Kharen was bringing me another job so I had a chance to discuss the repair to the Piping with him. He was shocked when I told him the repair would have to wait until the weekend even if the parts were available. He did not know that the Glue had to remain dry for Twenty-Four Hours to properly cure. Remember the Leak I fixed this past weekend because they kept running the Water. They finally listened and it no longer Leaks. With the Parts List I gave him Kharen went off to order the pieces required to make this repair.

When I brought the parts to the Roller Assembly that were being reworked by the manufacture to the Office he again Thanked me. (Who is this person or has he been talking with Paul.) I had to remember that this was only Monday. Let’s see how he is tomorrow.

It felt good to be home. Kathy made Sweet and Sour Chicken Balls with Chicken Fried Rice along with Perogies for supper. Then to sate that sweet craving we had a Chocolate Covered Donut for dessert.

The 6 o’clock Local News reported 21 New Coronavirus Cases that brought the Active Cases to 145 in the Windsor/Essex Region.

The Weather Network showed that our high temperature today only felt like 41 F (5 C) because of the cool West Wind. The temperature will be close to the Freezing Mark in the morning. Later this week we’ll wake to Freezing Temperatures.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

To me life is a gift and it’s a blessing just to be alive and each person should learn what a gift it is to be alive no matter how tough things get.

Tony Bennett, Singer

No comments:

Post a Comment