It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, November 19, 2021

All Charges Dropped, Making Progress and No Sleeping In.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

With another cooler start to the day it didn’t take me long to appreciate being inside the Plant. When I went to get the Compound key Paul was talking on the phone so we didn’t have our usual Con-Flab. As I was getting my Coveralls on there was a sudden rush of Cold Air coming in. It was one of the Line Workers who cycles in had latched the door open thinking we needed it to be the 34 F (1 C) inside like it already was outside. I reminded him others worked here as well and shut the door myself.

It was while I was doing my Morning Walk Around that Paul gave me the good news. The Police had called last night to tell him “All Charges Against Him Had Been Dropped”. We shook Hands knowing that he should not have been charged in the first place as he was protecting himself and his property against Multiple Intruders even though he only captured One other figures were caught on the Surveillance Video.

Back in the Compound I found a couple of Carriers that needed straightening. After delivering them back to the Racks they belonged on I stopped at Shipping and Receiving to let them know I was expecting a large order and needed to start processing it as soon as it arrived. I managed to find other usable Materials that I brought back to the Compound to clean up. By the time I was finished it would be hard to tell they had been previously used.

After my 10:00 break I was informed the Delivery Van from Windsor Factory Supply had just pulled up. Along with my order there was Clear Wrap for Shipping itself. It was easier to carry the Twenty Foot lengths of Pipe back considering all the Forklift traffic. By noon I had already cut the Twenty-Four Vertical Pipes that would be needed in the Washer. By the time I stopped for my 1:00 lunch they had all been laid out where the holes needed to be drilled.

While eating my lunch Kharen was posting a Notice by the Time-Clock so I went to read it. It read “In order to meet Customer Demand that production would be required to work their normal 7 A.M. shift on November 20 2021”. Normally Saturdays are when I do repairs because there is no production and the Washer is down. I’ll just have to occupy my time getting ready for other jobs. If production ends early then there are a few must do things that will be taken care of.

Talking with Kathy I heard she was again rearranging the Storage Room and I reminded her of the errands I would run on my way home along with the fact that I won’t be sleeping in like most Saturdays.

I managed to get all the holes drilled into the Pipes for the Washer before the end of the shift. Of course Kharen had to inspect them to be certain they were done correctly. (He’s Back!) They were when I did them before. I didn’t punch out until 3:37.

It didn’t take long to stop at the Motor City Community Credit Union to do my banking before stopping at Guardian Storage to collect our Mail. Melissa noted that Kathy hadn’t been in all week. I explained how Kathy’s Knee had slowed her down for the week.

I stopped at the Pioneer gas station to top off the Truck with Diesel since the price had dropped to $1.426 a Litre. That worked out to a Quarter a Gallon cheaper.

It was after 4:45 by the time I walked into the Apartment. After washing up I cleaned and sliced a couple of Potatoes so Kathy could make us Fish and Chips. Sauteed Pacific Salmon with Potato Slices topped off with Carbonated Juice (Fake Wine).

The 6 o’clock Local News reported 59 New Coronavirus Cases that brought the Active Cases to 350 for the Windsor/Essex Region.

After getting that information I headed to the Laundry Room with not One but Two pair of Coveralls. We discussed me changing my Coveralls every Three Days to see if they clean up easier. So far so good.

Returning to the Apartment I turned on my Computer before gathering the Recycle to take outside. The Bins had been emptied today.

The Weather Network showed our high temperature today of 43 F (6 C) actually felt like 36 F (2 C).

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

On average, one out of every thirty words you use can be found in a dictionary.

3 comments: