It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, November 20, 2021

His Stubbornness Causes Problems.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

It felt strange going in at 7:00 this morning after starting an Hour later for so many Saturdays and that the Paint Line was also running was different. Once things got started I noticed that there was only a partial crew.

After my Morning Inspection I returned to the Compound and started assembling the Vertical Pipes when Kharen came around and said he needed a job done right away. We walked all the way to the Powder Coating Room where a T-Bolt was partially stripped. He stated he needed another right away. Taking the stripped Bolt for sizing I barely got back to the Compound when Avry shows up saying they needed the bolt immediately because they were running the Powder Coating. I just finished welding it before he ran off with the Bolt while his gloves were smoking.

I continued working on the Piping when Kharen again appears screaming at me that the T-Bolt was too long and I couldn’t do the job right. When I told him he didn’t give me the chance to shorten the Threaded Material and he only had himself to blame for that he went storming off.

Paul stopped in to see how things were going. When I told him about the T-Bolt he told me not to worry about Kharen that (even though he’s the Supervisor) he’s an Idiot.

After the Auto Parts were completed there was a special job for a Local Contractor that needed to be put on the Line. Even though the experienced Line Workers wanted to use the Swivel Hooks due to their size Kharen insisted they use the Rigid Hangers. Every time the Parts reached a turn someone had to manually guide them around the corners. In the end they had to be removed from the Line and will be run again next week. Kharen disappeared after noon.

Due to that mess I couldn’t work on as many repairs as I would have liked. With Ivan’s help we managed to install the Overflow Cap but that was not without complications. It meant welding a Stainless Steel Pipe Nipple inside the Number 8 Tank while it was half full of Water. Another problem was that there was a Plastic Fitting screwed on the abutting Nipple outside of the Tank that we did not want to melt. The only way we could fix that was to make partial welds then let the Fitting cool down before welding more of the joint. Paul was happy to see at least that accomplished.

I stopped at the nearby Shoppers Drug Mart on the way home to pick up one of the Vitamins we use before doing our Pill Doucettes this evening. Imaging my surprise when I found most of the ones we use “On Sale” for half price until Nov. 21 2021. I walked away with more then I expected to get but I also saved a lot of money. If there are others that are low after doing the Doucettes we’ll return tomorrow.

It was nearly 4:30 when I got home and Kathy was having a problem that required going to the store. We planned on eating out but wanting something different we used coupons to eat at Taco Bell. It’s been over a Year since we were there last. The Coupon allowed us each a Doritos Taco along with a Burrito and Soft Drink for Twelve Dollars. It was a change from our normal, tasty and not over filling. Notice there were no Fries.

We lucked out finding the last package of what Kathy needed at Dollarama.

The 6 o’clock Local News only reported Provincial Coronavirus Cases this evening.

The Weather Network showed our high temperature today of 39 F (4 C) actually felt like 34 F (1 C).
I started filling the Pill Doucettes for the next Forty-Five Days before 7:00 and didn’t finish until 9:30. We’ll be picking up more Vitamins tomorrow. It may be costing us now but we’ll save money in the long run.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.


Krackers

Why don’t the seagulls fly over the bay?


Because then they’d be bay-gulls.

No comments:

Post a Comment