It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, November 22, 2021

Kharen’s Changing Attitude, Spill Over and Recycling.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

It was again on the nippy side this morning though I was dressed in layers I wasn’t wearing any Gloves. Paul was interested to hear about my weekend which was interesting since it was only a single day. Considering that I leave the Plant and he lives there I now understand how it would sound like an adventure to him.

Everything was going well at the start of the shift with all the Pumps and Fans running as they should. Paul waved me over pointing to the large pieces that caused a massive problem on Saturday. There were Carriers that had been used on another project like this but they needed to be modified.

He had no sooner walked away when all the so called experts started making other suggestions. Kharen the Supervisor who was responsible for the weekend fiasco was keeping his mouth shut. When I asked his opinion he said he’d gotten in trouble for not doing it Paul’s way before so he said I’d be wise to do it that way.

Having recovered material from other Carriers I was able to use those to create the Carriers Paul wanted. After tacking only the first one I brought it to Paul for his approval. He had me change the spacing but said the rest was perfect.

I then returned to working on the Vertical Piping that we’ll be replacing inside the Number 4 Station part of the Washer. Each time I completed a section I would put it with the others outside of the Compound. Each time I did that I kept seeing something I didn’t like on the ATV Salter.

The Exhaust Pipe was pointed directly at the Plastic Salt Bin that was only a Foot away. I’d seen some Collars collecting dust in the Compressor Room and a piece of Two Inch Steel Pipe. After reshaping the Pipe and Collars I was able to assemble them on the ATV redirecting the Exhaust down and away from the Salt Bin. The Battery will be disconnected and a single Tack put on the one Collar so the rest of the Exhaust Tip can be removed if necessary.

I was just about to call Kathy when Avry came running over for my help. The Sump Pit at the end of the Washer was overflowing and he needed help. I suggested he get Paul since he knows the system better then anyone. Before Paul arrived we had added the Submersible Pump to help the Two Sump Pumps that could not handle the amount of water. We found the Number 3 and 6 Tanks to be overfilling which then Overflowed to the Pit. Once that was adjusted things dried up rater quickly.

Kathy had just returned from running an errand at Dollarama. Thinking we had gotten Two Knee Braces yesterday we were surprised to find one was an Elbow Brace. It was our fault we didn’t look at the second package thinking it was the same because it was on the same hook. It worked so well that besides making the exchange she also picked up another pair.

After I got home I got busy on the phone getting something verified. I waited on Hold for Twenty Minutes only to have a Two Minute conversation with the agent.

For supper Kathy sauteed some Breaded Celery Root to go with our shared Tourtiere and a slice of Black Forest Cake for dessert.

The Weather Network showed we had a high temperature today of 37 F (3 C) but it felt much cooler.

After a relaxing shower I started downsizing the number of Vitamin Containers from yesterday’s shopping. There were over Six Containers that fit in the One. Another larger Container we had Three in the One. There are still more to do but I’ll be making a trip down to the Recycle Bins tomorrow.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

During an exam, a police recruit was asked what he would do if his job required him to arrest his own mother. His response was, “Call for backup.”

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rick - Always sounds like an adventure at our workplace. What is it that they produce/repair? How come they have you working 6 days a week?

    ReplyDelete