It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Up Early, Baking and Rewriting My Resume.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

I thought that I would be sleeping in this morning after a restless Monday night that led to an early morning yesterday then I stayed up late reading Blogs last night. I was up minutes after 8:00 feeling tired but my back said it needed to move. I wasn’t even out of the room and Kathy was practically jumping up of bed.

The only thing I could do for a quick breakfast was to serve Cereal and our Coffee/Tea. As we ate I realized we had missed taking our Pills last night as they were still in the Doucettes. That happens sometimes when we eat while watching Television.

We had barely gotten to our Computers when our Family Doctor’s Office called. They were returning my late call from yesterday. Explaining our concern that Kathy had a severe reaction to the Shingles Shot will she be safe getting the Coronavirus Vaccine and which one. They were doing research but the Doctor will call back before the weekend.

I’d barely poured our Second Cup when my Cell Phone rang. For being on the “Canadian Do Not Call List” I’d like to know why Telemarketers are still calling. I’ll be making some calls this week.

Warmer then Quartzsite.

The Sun was struggling to get through the Clouds but the 34 F (1 C) temperature was on the rise even though we were being battered by Thirty MPH Wind Gusts.

We had Italian Wedding Soup for lunch along with Orange Slices, Maple Cookies and a Chocolate Pudding Cup for dessert.

After lunch Kathy wanted to do some baking. I like to help but she says that’s her alone time. Our kids know that it’s not because I can’t bake.

When I had my Interview yesterday it was suggested they would help me rewrite my Resume because I was too precise. I had never seen a Resume before so it was a draft that evolved over a couple of months I kept adjusting. The few Employers I met before the Lock-Down were impressed but not these people.

First I copied my original Resume then spent a Couple Hours tearing it apart. Instead of listing Qualifications separately they were grouped together. The same happened for Job Requirements. The word “I” was completely removed from the document. You are no longer a person but a commodity.

When I finished the revised version was E-Mailed to Brian so it can be reviewed and commented on. I understand that kids are now taught how to write Resumes in school but that was not the way you got a job when we started in the workforce decades ago.

We were busy cooking supper when the Coronavirus Numbers for our area were run on our 6 o’clock Local News but they said it was an improvement. Weather-Wise we set a new high temperature for our area going from a 61 F (16 C) to today’s high of 66 F (19.1 C).

We had Salmon Fillets with Baked Potatoes and Sauteed Asparagus for supper along with a piece of the Devil’s Food Cake Kathy baked this afternoon for dessert.

After cleaning up the Dishes we relaxed watching “Bull”, “Nancy Drew” and “The Equalizeron the Television.

The weather might not be so inviting tomorrow so we’ll see what we do.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Everyone is entitled to their opinion unless it personally attacks someone for their comment or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Bob: “Holy schmoozes, I just fell off a 30-foot ladder.”

Jim: “Are you okay?”

Bob: “Yeah luckily I was just on the first step.”

6 comments:

  1. Coming from 35+ age as an HR Professional ... many applicants make their resume too long and too detailed. HR wants to be able to quickly scan resumes for applicable experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Resumes have to be adjusted for the times.... keep in mind, its the 20 somethings that can't put down their iPhone who are doing the hiring these days.... it's getting scary. I take solace in the fact that the Kindergartners will be running the show when the 20 somethings are in old folks homes. Ha Ha Ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully there was enough research done with the vaccines in regards to side effects and interaction with other medications. I used to write resumes for my clients while running my business. Your dinner looked appetizing and nice plating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, what a delicious supper! I wouldn't have a clue about resumes these days. It's been a long, long time.
    Meanwhile, I recall you asked for anecdotes about covid vaccine experiences. I've had both Moderna's now. The first one had no effect other than the usual sore arm. Then I got felt cold and then I got fever and body aches like the flue. Having read maybe it was a good idea to let the body do it's thing, I took no NSAIDs until last night (had the shot on Tuesday morning) and today I'm tired but OK! Doesn't feel like I have the flu. Three friends had it the same day,all over 70, like me. Two females had only headaches. One male had fever, but of shorter duration. So it depends!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was poorly written. It was the second shot that left me feeling like I had the flu. And auto correct made it look as if I were having something associated with a chimney!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do not know about the "Canadian Do Not Call List" but if it is anything like the US one, and my guess it is, there are several exceptions so it will not stop all telemarketing calls. I worked for a company that was exempt from the "Do Not Call List" and explained the reason more then once when someone demanded to speak to their supervisor. In the US you can ask the caller to put you on their company's do not call list and within a certain amount of time they are required to do so. I would think Canada has a similar rule. Though you would have to check on that. Good Luck getting the calls to stop.

    ReplyDelete